• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Traded in the MS6

It turned out to be the left rear axle. I reckon the diff brace recall had already been done. I've read the diff braces tend to fail on modded cars running 300+whp. I'm pushing around 220-225whp stock, so I should be good there.

It turned out to be the left rear axle. I reckon the diff brace recall had already been done. I've read the diff braces tend to fail on modded cars running 300+whp. I'm pushing around 220-225whp stock, so I should be good there.

I'd still take a look and see or at least have it looked at just in case. People with high numbers tend to beat on them more. So I can see if someone beat on a stock one enough that it could happen.

SAV I didn't sell my VW. I gave it away to the dealer and they covered what I owed. :D :D

StealthWyvern - I'll check it out this weekend. The two recalls they did were a PCM re-flash and something about a actuator shutter valve? I've got the paperwork somewheres about it all.

Back