• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Twin 99 Tropic Green SVTs

JEDsContour

CEG'er
Lack of a building sucks – This is a view of today’s cold efforts. The car on concrete is the future 3L Turbo. I have a complete new suspension, brakes, and exhaust going in tomorrow/weekend:

Konis, H&R, reinforced rear subframe, Aussie rear sway bar, tubular rear toe arms, tubular front control arms, poly everything, welded subframe connectors, Warmonger big brakes with new calipers/rotors, braided lines, Trubend resonated stainless exhaust, new 2004 FSVT 17” wheels and tires, Stazi mesh.

I want to sort all that out first before swapping drivetrains.

The other car is my 20,000 mile stocker. New pads/rotors and tires. Not much really needed there… I pulled the headlights, grills, and bumpers off both for a thorough pressure cleaning. The cars are as identical as is possible to find… (For a little while yet!)

I have custom car covers for both and I also use big tarps over the covers. Definitely not ideal – but best I can do this winter. First time since I’ve owned them I’ve had to park them outside.

Two99SVTs.jpg

Last edited:
Aren't you selling the 20K? I remember reading that sometime and involuntarily storing that in my brain. Since I'm local (Fairfax/Charlottesville) that's going to be torture knowing it's so close...

I'll have to get a ride in your ridiculous Noble 3LT when you finish it, sounds like there are zero expenses spared. :drool:

Trade one of your green:drool: one's for my red one? I admire the tropic CSVT way more than red. Red really isn't my color. :laugh:

Aren't you selling the 20K? I remember reading that sometime and involuntarily storing that in my brain. Since I'm local (Fairfax/Charlottesville) that's going to be torture knowing it's so close...

I'll have to get a ride in your ridiculous Noble 3LT when you finish it, sounds like there are zero expenses spared. :drool:
I’m going to put a couple thousand miles on the “nice twin” before I sell it. Selling an older, clean, low mileage car can be a hassle. It doesn’t fit in the used car price distribution, which means you’re looking for an enthusiast. I’m not worried about it now though.

The “evil twin” drivetrain is a little pricey, but I didn’t go overboard on the brakes, suspension, and wheels/tires. My goal is to keep it as stock looking as possible. The Stazi mesh gives it a little bling, though I’m considering having the mesh powder-coated black

Powder coat them charcoal to match the stockers. I did it, and I like it.

BTW, You need more this:
3%20car%20garage%20with%20storage.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice cars. I've always loved tropic green. Can't wait to see the finished products.

There is a stock tropic green E1 that parks in my apartment complex, but it doesn't look to well cared for. I've tought about leaving him a note asking what he'd sell it for, but everytime I mention it I get the look of death from my g/f. She keeps saying something about not needing 2 cars in Philly. :shrug: Lucky for me we're moving back to Pittsburgh in May. :laugh:

Thanks Scott, I can't wait to be back as well. Thanks for the pic also. That was not too long after I bought the car and it was my very first CEG meet. Good times!

And don't worry, I'll be getting another one soon enough. :laugh:

Back