• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Sub Box in Trunk ?

beedalahi

CEG'er
i was curious, how would i get a sub setup like this --

DSCF0112.jpg

(^ seen this in classifieds section and liked it!)

and the mod spare area!

i'm thinking of making my trunk look like this!!

It looks like a fiberglass setup using an mdf ring and fabric stretched back to make the shape.

it belonged to randycsvt, and was a custom fiberglass box... not too difficult to build, same with the floor, ive built a few "fake" floors in the contour, not really that hard...

to make one of those first your gonna wanna get the green auto tape and tape off the whole corner of the car you want to make the mold with. after you have done that then you wanna take black marker to make an out line with that you be cutting off after you lay the glass. then you take spray glue and spray the whole area where you lined out. after you do that you wanna get medium weight fiber mat. you rip it to doller bill sizes and then stick them to the area! after you put the fiber resgin on the mat and let it set up for a few hours you then pull it all off. the spray glue acts as a release agent after the heat from the resein has set up. then you would make a speaker ring. and strech 2 way fleece over it and staple it all down. use the spray glue to help you strech it and to pull it apart and restick it so you dont get creases. then you lay resen over that then fiber mat and resen again to give it strength. this is just a brief way to do it. thought it might help. takes lots of practice to do it. check a little of my glass work

Attachments

• pic4.jpg
    pic4.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 0
You're going to want to do something like this...

I made this box but chose not to go w/ it because I wanted two subs. The box sounded nice and looked really good too.

fiberglass1.jpg

fiberglass2.jpg

These were the only pictures I took but after i got the basic mold I totally reinforced it and it looked much better than that...

Back