• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Never been done before foglight, discuss

lets see some night/spread pics :)

If you have some spread pics of the before and after shield modification that would be great too.

yes guys I use to have the PIAA 959 projector fogs. The mounting sucked and pretty much overall they were huge. I sold them on ebay and reverted back to stock fogs because my regular projector lights are waay powerfull to the point where fogs are just useless..

Puddles I love this setup, I know you are always on me to get them but we'll see..keep me posted..

lets see some night/spread pics :)

If you have some spread pics of the before and after shield modification that would be great too.

Beam pictures... none. I didnt see the need. The pattern gets distorted on the ground due to the step. I also couldnt aim them as high as i wanted due to the step hitting in a place that would blind drivers.

I did however drive aroudn with just the fog lights on at night. It completley owned the stock halogens

Beam pictures... none. I didnt see the need. The pattern gets distorted on the ground due to the step. I also couldnt aim them as high as i wanted due to the step hitting in a place that would blind drivers.

I did however drive aroudn with just the fog lights on at night. It completley owned the stock halogens

The thing is though I dont want them that high to interfeer with the lows, for me i want them to the point where my lows kick in on the ground..the picture below shows the area i want to cover with the fogs..btw how wide is the pattern?

werfd.jpg

The thing is though I dont want them that high to interfeer with the lows, for me i want them to the point where my lows kick in on the ground..the picture below shows the area i want to cover with the fogs..btw how wide is the pattern?

That area would get owned by these projectors. They are wider then they need to be. Remember these are supposed to be use for low beams! If you wanted to, you could point these straight at the ground to cover that zone.

However, ill be using them as a fog / driving lamp. they should project pretty far, and only drop slightly over time. With HID's on it wont overpower them, and rolling up to a wall you would have the HID cut off with steps, and then the flat cut from these probably 1 ft below

werfd.jpg

This is what I was referring to, using them as fog lights. The step would be on the ground as to not blind oncoming traffic. This is also what I would be going for b/c my HID's light up down the road plenty as is.

Pud,

Are these brackets going to be made off of the stock brackets where you have to squeeze a screw driver inside the wheel well to get to the screw that is attached to the spring adjustment? Or are they going to be more like how the PIAA's are mounted (2 side screws on the lamp housing mounted to the bracket) so that you can aim them just by pushing and tilting the face of the fog lamp.

I prefer the later but I am just curious. I really like the look of these Hella's. Which means my PIAA 510 Ion Fog's will be for sale. Now accepting offers :D.

Thanks

Stock bracket gets thrown in the trash can. Aiming is done with an adjuster screw [7mil (?) socket from under the bumper (w/ dust sheild, or through the access hole in the sheild).

I will say now. If you have not at least upgraded your headlight bulbs to silverstars or something, you're going to be jelous of the fogs. They are soooooper bright :p

This is an unmodified beam shot. Should be better w/ the modified shields....

Good enough foreground for you goonz?

DSC02026.jpg

Nice pic. The glare off the ground is a little deceaving though. Is it possible for you to take one like Goonz's pic above so that we can get a better idea of spread and the amount of light on the road?

Last edited:
Nope,

they are back off the car to get the brackets made and the shields cut :p

Id use a relayed harness so that they dont dim when the car is idleing, but if you dont want to make a harness you could just buy plug and play connectors and do it that way.

Back