• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Stage 2 Driveshafts

I am pretty sure mine already has that, look next to where it says v6

152hthc.jpg

Well my stage 2 axle's are going to be installed next friday after work. The muffler shop that did the exhaust is going to do them for $100.00, one of thier guys specializes in axle's so he is hooking me up, they love the car:laugh:

I already have slicks and drag radials, I am going to use the radials, I think slicks will snap them.

should be fitting my stage 2 driveshafts tomorow after work, as ive got my uprated engine in my car now mounted up to the top mounts and ill get my poly wishbones on the car as well as the driveshafts and hub and knuckle onto the strut and fit my bigger brake discs and calipers onto my car, im more than half way there until my built is done :)

Even that would be fine, since I purchased them on 2-24-08 but didnt get them till around 3-15-08 or later

The only thing different with these so called stage 2 axles are the green cv boots...

The weak point for most axles and ours are the spline areas and to make a better upgrade you would want bigger beefier splines meaning new bearing/hub/spindle assembly on the outer side and way more custom stuff for the inner...

they should do im sure i saw they were for the cougar and contour and also the engine is the same as the gearbox so should fit fine, im not too sure on the hub side of things but im sure they will be fine :)

Back