• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Heading to Detroit Weds

baco99

Hard-core CEG'er
Hey all - I'm heading to Detroit for work tomorrow. I have roughly 4 hours solid on Weds for sight seeing. I'm thinking my first stop would have to be the Ford Museum and then maybe a drive-by of the ball parks. Anyone have suggestions. Is the Ford Museum worth it for a car buff?

Oh...And of course, if anyone wants to meet up, PM me.

LOL! Mmmmmmkay. Depends on where you go. Just like any city there are areas than can be risky. Greektown area is NOT one of them.

LOL! Mmmmmmkay. Depends on where you go. Just like any city there are areas than can be risky. Greektown area is NOT one of them.

it's funny and yet sorta sad, actually. the locals were advising that i get in and out before dark. like it's some forbidden forest or something.

forbiddenforest.jpg

i usually don't scare away easily, but when the locals tell me **** like that...

It's not that bad. The "locals" you were talking to were probably scared suburbanites who never venture south of 8 Mile except to drive to the airport. :) Don't let them scare you away.

Greektown, Fox District, Harmonie Park, Woodward bar area south of Wayne State, etc. (all the "destination" spots) are fine any time of the day or night, IMO. No different than any other major city in the US that I've been to.

Back