• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Garrett M24

steelblueSE

Hard-core CEG'er
I have a friend who might be able to get me a cheap used Garrett M24. I was looking at it last night and the only other bit of info I could see on it was .60 a/r. I have been googling for a little bit and it seems that this turbo is from the T3 family. I found this info over the gtr forums in the UK:
GARRETT Turbocharger (N1 type)
0.60A/R Compressor Housing
62 Trim Compressor Wheel (35lbs/min)
0.64 A/R Turbine Housing
79 Trim Turbine Wheel
Rated 350hp -400hp

Over on the porsche 924 board they said it was a good size for their 2.5 motors. Would those specs be good on a 2.5 non svt duratec? I don't think anyone has built a turboed automatic tour on here, but if its possible I might try to piece together a homemade setup.......or I could just be way over my head dreaming. I know very little about turbos and its hard to find full info on this turbo. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I was able to look at it more thoroughly tonight. It had .86 and T790 on the hot side. This is the info on the tag:
GK0127J
471024G

It will make a great paper weight. :shrug: Getting the turbo is the easy part. That turbo if it is a T3 may be about right. Fabbing up the exhaust piping is the hard part.

Are the trims the right size for our engines? It seems the compressor side (.60) is about right but the turbine side (.86)seems a bit high. :shrug:

Back