• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Satellite Antenna install..

cnewton44

Hard-core CEG'er
I know this is nothing huge but I have been hanging my antenna trough my door for a long time, so i decided to actually install it today. Sorry for the huge pics.

IMG_1380.jpg

IMG_1382.jpg

IMG_1383.jpg

IMG_1385.jpg

IMG_1389.jpg

IMG_1390.jpg

IMG_1391.jpg

IMG_1392.jpg

IMG_1393.jpg

I still have to hide the power supply but thats for another day i think. I think it turned out nice.

Edit: Forgot to mention... This took me a whole ten minutes maybe. Also when I ran it throught the rear seat I put it under the door sill plastic. The most tolls you would need would be a small regular screwdriver to lift up some of the plastic.

Last edited:
Well I kinda changed things. I had a home kit for my receiver, which I no longer used because I just listen online. So I decided to use the bigger home kit antenna. I know people are gonna think this is ugly, but it gets way better reception...

Antenna1.jpg

antenna2.jpg

antenna3.jpg

I routed the cable exactly the same as before.

he didnt put it on the rear shelf. its on the window. are the home antennas made to withstand the weather? i'd find that out. or at least put it on the rear shelf if they arent. i think its screaming to some idiots walking by "rip me off". thats my first thought

Well the antenna was sitting in my rain gutter for almost a year so I think they can handle the weather.:laugh: But yes it is kinda big. I have been considering taking it off and putting the smaller one back on.

Back