• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

when are you guys having your 1st spring meet?

Doesn't really matter to me. The offer is out there. The park is nice. It was just an idea. Wherever we hold it, we won't please everyone and everyone will not be able to make it. My are seems to be equal distance from most of the CT guys and people farther north.

ctmystique, I am only an hour and a half away. It's not that bad of a ride.

Well, like I said, I have been tossing around the idea, and I'm in Wales, MA. its South-West of Sturbridge, on the CT line (I'm about a mile and a half from the Stafford line)

I have a 30x30 garage, but right now its filled with 2 contours and a mustang.

Wherever we hold it, we won't please everyone and everyone will not be able to make it.

what he said.
You definitely can't please everyone when you set one of these things up.

Usually when people pm me asking about setting up a meet, I tell them to go ahead and post their meet, date, time etc.
Not everyone will be able to make it, but as long as you are specific about your date and location, it gives some people a definite event to pencil in.
Sometimes if you take on too much input, the meet never gets set up because you're trying to please too many at once.

And just because this would technically be the "first" spring meet does not mean it has to be THE official spring meet for New England.
There's plenty of time to have more meets.
mmmm more meat....

Too bad, skunk's meet was fun, that was a great time. Especially when he got trashed and was making Matt try to drink.

I'm down for driving, but not more than about 2 1/2 hours. Attleboro is 3 1/2 hours from me, that's really pushing it. When I went out to Elky's for his bachelor's party, that was pretty good though.

Too bad, skunk's meet was fun, that was a great time. Especially when he got trashed and was making Matt try to drink.

I'm down for driving, but not more than about 2 1/2 hours. Attleboro is 3 1/2 hours from me, that's really pushing it. When I went out to Elky's for his bachelor's party, that was pretty good though.

Another hour is worth a good time.

If we're drinking, then I gotta deal with a hotel or finding a place to crash. $70 worth of gas to drive plus at least $70 for a hotel is pushing it...

Yeah that's right. Cost of liquor plus cost of food. That's why I like CEG meets where everyone contributes money for food. So it's only like $20 for unlimited food.

I haven't seen Skunk since '05 ... has it been that long already! I definitely hope he can come to a nearby meet but I think it is high expectations to have him host one.

Central MA is a great meet area. We have a huge amount of CT CEGers and a decent amount of eastern MA / southern NH CEGers so that's a good area.

We still haven't had that burning phone book meet either...

I had the privilege of meeting/hanging out with skunk for a little while last year. He's a good guy and is probably the biggest enthusiast of all of us. I kinda wish he was in better health to host us. He's got quite the collection of Contour goodies. :shocked:

When I break free from some seasonal depression :blackeye: , I'd like to get my ass in gear and host a meet this summer. I've been wanting to put something together for a while but just didn't have any time last summer.

It's gonna take you till summer to get over your seasonal depression? I should be over mine as soon as the temp hits 65* and I get my car together! LOL

Back