• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Changing out head lights

I dont need the lights themselves I need to figure out how to take out the whole head light unit. I bought clear head light lenses and dont know how to take old ones out

I dont need the lights themselves I need to figure out how to take out the whole head light unit. I bought clear head light lenses and dont know how to take old ones out
there are 3 clips on the back of the headlights that hold them to the header panel. start with the passenger side since there is more room so you can see. you just pop the clips off. depending on the syle of clip depends on how hard it is. if its just a straight, flat clip you can just pull them off easily. if its not just flat you will have to take a small flat head screwdriver and work them out. both sets come out fairly easily though.

"These are the headlight clips you need to remove to pop out the headlight. There are 3 of them."

If you took the time to click on Chongo's link, you would have read this and seen a picture of what you need to do. :shrug:

well I only clicked the first link and it only showed changing the bulbs so I figured the other link was the same

Back