• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Updated turbo install pics

well I used them alittle different then you just picktured them Joey. I used one original mounting point hole of the cooler to mount it right to the IC. The otherside obvisouly doesn't line up. I put the brackets on with the openning pointed down. The side that the original mount wouldn't line up on the intercooler has teh bracket holding it down. With the brackets turned over they rest on the bumper. So its kinda like a support/spacer to the bumper.

Hmmm, im pondering about meeting up with Paul before Carlisle just to get a ride before everyone else hahah. Id have to clean up my car so we could get a decent photo shoot that i could never get around to last year before the calender deadline.

nope, not yet...finally ran the the wires and tubing for the gauges through the firewall, which was a major pain...it'll be done soon. :)

Some more updates...where I ran the wires and lines for the gauges inside the cabin...

IMG_0453.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

Everything installed except for a couple of vacuum/boost lines and the intake/filter pipe...

IMG_0455.jpg

IMG_0456.jpg

IMG_0468.jpg

How I changed the powersteering cooler mount again and some misc. shoots of the other pipe coming off the intercooler and through the frame...

IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0457.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg

Almost done :)

It's amazing to go to shows with a stock CSVT and people "wonder how i managed to cram a v6 in the compartment"....i tell em its stock and they're like "wow oh crap"

then i(and others) see people cramming turbos up in this place.....

its crazy, but cool.

can i get a ride too??....i'll ride trunk if i have too. :)

so is your running yet ?

05-26-08_1621.jpg

actually I still need to install the piping ot the fender well area and the air filter, but I cut the coupler to the turbo inlet to short so I couldn't get everything to line up.

its pretty fast already at only 3 psi :drool: can't wait to see what 10 psi is like :laugh:

Back