• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Updated turbo install pics

oh the buttsex ........

nonono

TAILPIPE BABY OH YEAH BET THAT EXHAUST CAN BLOW MIGHTY FINE WITH THAT HUGE TURBO

:p!

that is amazing... I envy you.... How much did the set up cost and on that note how much time did it take for you to put it on... I've been thinking about turnoing my car but haven't gotten alot of knoledge on what needs to be after turboing it... Pm and gimme some knoledge....

Thanks

Hi buddy nice job, ive got this link on my v6 thread on the mondeo site and i always come back and refer to this, i know its been a year since anyones posted on this, but u should be proud of yourself that is one massive job taken by u and the end result im sure is a smile on your face everytime you hit the loud pedal :cool:

What i wanted to know is do u have any pictures of how the hoses go on top like from the dump valve and the T pieces, i know how to do the one from the brake booster which sits on top of the black svt manifold, but where does that one go to? Also id like to add a boost gauge in my pillar pod and wanted to know if u took a t piece and hooked it onto that same pipe as well so that u can get the reading you wanted? Any info and pictures would be appreciated thanks :)

again sorry for the late post, hope u still have your beast :cool:

the way I set up my vacuum lines was off the brake booster line to a t. the t then goes to the bov and the wastegate.

Hi buddy nice job, ive got this link on my v6 thread on the mondeo site and i always come back and refer to this, i know its been a year since anyones posted on this, but u should be proud of yourself that is one massive job taken by u and the end result im sure is a smile on your face everytime you hit the loud pedal :cool:

What i wanted to know is do u have any pictures of how the hoses go on top like from the dump valve and the T pieces, i know how to do the one from the brake booster which sits on top of the black svt manifold, but where does that one go to? Also id like to add a boost gauge in my pillar pod and wanted to know if u took a t piece and hooked it onto that same pipe as well so that u can get the reading you wanted? Any info and pictures would be appreciated thanks :)

again sorry for the late post, hope u still have your beast :cool:

thanks! :) and yes, I do still have the car...I believe my vacuum line set up is the same as the other two responses, the difference being that I added another t fitting off the bov which goes to the boost gauge. I'll check to see if I have more pictures, but the vacuum line thing was confusing to me at first, too...

here's some pictures I found that might be helpful:

IMG_0472.jpg

close-up of the second t...

IMG_0473.jpg

the line from the brake booster goes to this first t...the line on the left side of the t goes to the wastegate, the line on the right goes to the second t...

IMG_0477.jpg

the line on the left side originates from the first t, line on the right goes to the bov...the nylon line in the center goes to the boost gauge...hope this all makes sense. :)

Did you change out the internals, or did you just slap the turbo on?

If you didn't change out the internals, get a video now before it blows up!

sorry if its been covered.... its neat, but internals need to be changed when ungrading to this standard.

not if you don't push to much psi. most of us are running 8 psi. the 2.5L and 3L can easily handle upwards of 12 psi without a problem.

yes I plan to build an engine one day, but until then with 3Ls being $300 a pop I'll just replace it if it goes.

im very suprised.... how many miles do you have on it running 7.5-8 psi?!?

i mean, how do you know these engines can handle 12psi?!?

im very suprised.... how many miles do you have on it running 7.5-8 psi?!?

i mean, how do you know these engines can handle 12psi?!?

i have at least 5k since I installed the turbo on my 3L, others have had kits installed on 2.5 and 3Ls for longer and more miles. it can handle 12 psi because people have been running up to 14 psi. now go more then that on a stock bottom end and a rod will snap. there is a post about this in the FI forum.

will running thay type of boost on a stock bottom end shorten the life of the engine, I don't believe anyone has found out yet but I am willing to bet it does.

I'd be more worried about the transmission holding up with 12 psi.

its all about how you apply the power. just put your foot to the floor and sure something is going to break from the shock loading. roll into the throttle is alot easy on everything.

spec stage 3+ clutch can handle something like 540 ft-lbs torque ... way more then we will make. fastcougar on neco didn't slip a stage 3 clutch until he was near 22 psi. the video of him entering the highway and spinning the wheels in 4th is just crazy. he also had a special built mtx that had some more tricks to it then most people have ...

Last edited:
hahah 14 would be insane stock......

ill search it.. thanks! id never turbo anything unless the engines built.. thats just me :)

Back