• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Original SVT Letter

FauxhawkFox

Hard-core CEG'er
I didnt know if people wanted this, I searched for this and I couldnt find it. I am not sure if anyone can take out my address and name so someone else could use it. I dont live there anymore so I am not worried about the address. You can order the certificate but can you order this? Im sure it isnt that hard to make either, just putting the SVT mark at the top and typing it up. Anyways I thought it was cool and I wanted to see if anyone wanted to see if they could remove the name or should I try on my end? Maybe scanning into word and erasing the name and putting a new name?

Attachments

• img-3170615-0001.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
So you're asking if people want to take a copy of your letter and alter it to pretend as if SVT sent the letter to them instead?

If that is what is wanted, I got it with the certificate when it came in the mail. So if someone wanted to have some more of the paper work. Also if someone bought the car used this might be something they want:shrug:. Just wanted to see what the interest is on it.

sounds good to me:shrug: alrighty altered and printed...i didnt put a name in..i just said dear customer:laugh:

Is getting a reprinted certificate unethical? This letter came with the certificate.

That's not even the same thing!
Forgery =/= reprint
SVT is the one doing the reprint and sending it directly to you.
This letter idea you've got going on here is having people forge a letter originally drafted by SVT to pretend as though SVT actually sent them the letter.

That's not even the same thing!
Forgery =/= reprint
SVT is the one doing the reprint and sending it directly to you.
This letter idea you've got going on here is having people forge a letter originally drafted by SVT to pretend as though SVT actually sent them the letter.
thats YOUR way of looking at it...i didnt put my name in his place...why?? becuase i didnt buy the car originaly
icon_idea.gif
...some people....hold on...ready? still have common sense:cool:

So, you can do whatever you want with the PDF, look at it, save it, whatever. There it is, use it as information to know thats what came in a letter from SVT. If you have never seen one, now you have. Its a file for "general discussion"

never having seen that packet i thought it was cool....it was that much better to ceg listed...to you all :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:ing about forgery and other crap maybe i need to re-read the post but i dont remember o.p. saying anything about erasing his certificate and making it your own...he mentioned his name and addy on the letter :shrug:

well anyway, cool post :cool:

okay having skimmed the first couple posts again, i am wrong...so i appologize....anyway, im gonna forge one up for my altima...no one will ever know

Last edited:
I don't agree on altering the letter, but I think it's awesome we have a copy scanned and uploaded as a sample. It's especially helpful for those who have never seen an SVT letter before.

<offtopic>
I'd love to see this along with a repository of all "official Contour documentation" that people have available to scan. We have a brochures page but it hasn't been updated in many years. I'm planning to buy a duplex scanner this year myself and can help contribute.

Having it for historical purposes is cool. I don't ever recall seeing one posted in whole around here.

However, it should only be used for that purpose.

It's cool that CEG is listed in the clubs on the last page.

Well, they didn't feel CEG (or anyone else but SVTOA for that matter)was important enough to note on these letters for 2000 SVTs, here's a copy of mine, they also stopped including address. Please note that since I'm the second owner I have edited out original owner's name only for the purpose of posting here.

SVTLetternoname.jpg

SVTLetter2.jpg

Also, I would tend to agree with everyone that altering the letter from the previous owner's name to yours, just doesn't seem right.

Back