• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

How I roll nowadays

Yes I do live at home, and plan on staying for a little longer since I pay my tuition. BUT, I do have the money to move out, it just wouldn't be ideal with me living by myself. As soon as I find a roomate, I'm out! Either way, I'm 21, not like I'm 25 or anything.

Huh? You have the money to move out, but it wouldn't be ideal to live by yourself? :confused:
Don't kid yourself. You are 21 now, but before you know it your 30 and still living at your parents' place because it still isn't ideal to live on your own...

Just don't want to hear you complain you got no money later on...

Not everyone wants to be on their own. Aside from being more economically friendly, with a roommate you're not bored at home alone all the time. I have friends who adamantly refused to get an apartment alone. (On the contrary, I couldn't be happier with my own place - clean bathroom, clean kitchen, $20 electric bill!)

I don't think the second car should have come before moving out, but at least he has plans and an established budget.

Last edited:
I pay my tuition too, and live on my own (actually with a roommate) BUT if I could still live at home I would (home is in another state!) it would make much more financial sense. Plus living with someone else kinda sucks if you're a clean freak like me.
Stay at home while you can!

Back