• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

anyone with quick knowledge? please help

svtd00d

CEG'er
i have a 98CSVT DOHC w/130,000
a few problems im curious if i can fix these myself because i just ran out of money getting a completely new transmission and clutch! thanks to great lakes and my horrible luck!

i have had a problem with my temp gauge sensor, it shows my car constantly overheating, but the car has been running fine. The mechanics fixed the sensor now, but the gauge still shows the car is running a little hott than normal, and it fluxuates more than it should. When i first bought the car the guage didnt do this.. is this my thermostat ?

also, i have an airbag code of ::
21=Safing Sensor Not Mounted to Vehicle Properly
if i read the blinking directions correctly
two blinks pause then one blink ==21 im curious what i should do to fix this if its even a real problem, i havent done anything about it for about 4 months, car seems fine...

and my vents totally dont work at all. i did the recall about 3 years ago when it came out that dealt with the vents not working. now nothing happens when i turn the vents on!! you guys are great! i hope to hear from you soon please!!

thanks!

i don't know about the rest but the thermostat i think will not help you as far as the gauge goes. mine is doing the same thing (wasn't doing it before). I changed my thermostat with a colder one, and the car does run cooler, at highway speeds, but if it is in traffic or just idling for long time, the needle goes way up...don't know why. I also changed my temp sensor (below the throtlle body) and still the same thing...i dunno what to tell you. but you might as well change the thermostat. it's only like $5.

How long ago did you replace the waterpump? Also, you could have an engine cooling fan problem. I had one fan start running very slow, and sometimes wiring is known to fail. Does the cooling fan come on with the a/c? Check for blown fuses in the blower motor/a/c area. Perform fan test click the blue for a good classic CEG topic.

Back