• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

cant take it anymore

MA roads suck ... I don't get why they repave the road surface but not the bridge road surfaces :confused:
I'm sure Zorrex or any civils around here can chime in .. but certainly it has something to do with bridge weight or design.

In NH, if there's a big pothole on the highway, instead of just filling it in, they will carve a huge square out of the road and repave completely. I'm very impressed.

I'm sure Zorrex or any civils around here can chime in .. but certainly it has something to do with bridge weight or design.

In NH, if there's a big pothole on the highway, instead of just filling it in, they will carve a huge square out of the road and repave completely. I'm very impressed.

well to resurface the bridge they would need to remove the existing surface and apply a new one, you couldn't just layer on top of it.

are the NH roads you are talking about concrete? if so that is the best way to patch them.

MA roads suck ... I don't get why they repave the road surface but not the bridge road surfaces :confused:

CT roads are pretty good

probably for traffic reasons. they're redoing the verrazano roadway now, and it's 6 lanes (3 top/3 bottom) in each direction...they've only closed one lane each way on the bottom and traffic is still ridiculous at certain times.

Not concrete to my knowledge. I could be wrong, I didn't pay attention. It's definitely not Michigan panel-concrete highways though. (93/293 interchange in Manchester)

yeah trust me it's very rough, i was hoping to avoid that by selling to a ceg'er but what can you do?

hows things going with that vin plate?

i dunno...the R is a great car. i mean really great. very comfy...pretty fast. but i feel disconnected. IMHO it doesn't handle as well. if it does it doesn't feel that way to me. Unless you throw the suspension into advanced mode...but you can't drive around like that all the time around here or you'll shake pieces off your car. the comfort and sport modes are just too floaty though.

i could whip the SVT around and i knew exactly what it was going to do...i was never afraid of the car getting away from me. i don't feel the same way in the R.

For me it was a logical upgrade...while still a "luxury" car, much like the SVT the interior has a no nonsense feel...not too many gadgets, or digital displays. nothing you don't need to drive the car. the car as a whole is missing something though. maybe some QBM endlinks and other suspension mods will fix things.

don't get me wrong, i love my car...and will destroy an SVT acceleration wise...perhaps even on the track too - but the SVT was definitely more fun to drive.

Last edited:
I know exactly where you're coming in missing your old car. The SVT will be the perfect weekend complement to your daily driver.

Last edited:
If everything goes rite I'll being dragging home my third csvt soon then I'll put up one of the t-reds cause I just got a call from a buddy of mine(local car dealer) and he got in one of the last s60-r made its silver fully load and only 2,000 miles on her owned by a vovle ex. special order. but if he wants too much I'll just leave it:rolleyes:

I don't know how Checker'd gets his SVT around with how low it is. I can catch the Mercur Lip on the Konis. The svt bumper is placed outfront of the SE bumper. Just don't know how you guys can do it!

it's all about angles man! you can never take on a high curb or driveway straight on! you gotta cut the wheel so the tire hits it first, lifting the front of the car so it doesn't scratch.

all the road rash on my car was either pre-existing, or caused by running over a truck tire on the BQE :mad:

redlitesvt, let me know the details of the t-red you might be getting rid of...if you decide to get rid of it.

BTW, finally got around to taking the blizzaks off...noticed one was low. got it off the car and there's a giant screw sticking out of it! brand new tire! i swear one day i'm just going to spontaneously combust!

Back