• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pic request please

kscontourkid

Veteran CEG'er
im wondering what the SVT front bumper would look like with the SE sideskirts. i dont mind the rear of my car as is i just want some match for the front. the SE front bumpers dont match the sideskirts at all.

anyone please :D

um, ok what the he!! are you talking about? se sideskirts? my se don't have skirts! and all the posts i see have crappy pic where u can't even see the side of the car or the pic is gone, what are they? oem aftermarket what???

um, ok what the he!! are you talking about? se sideskirts? my se don't have skirts! and all the posts i see have crappy pic where u can't even see the side of the car or the pic is gone, what are they? oem aftermarket what???

The the SE side skirts were standard on all pre98 SE contours, the pre98 SE also only came with a V6.

When Ford went with the 98 to 2000 models they changed the way their trim models worked, in 98 and 99 the SE skirts only came on the SE SPORT contour, which was the same as the pre98 SE. However, there also was an SE "touring" which came with an I4. and some power options.

and in 2000 the SE sports had optional ground effects (aka skirts)

100_2173.jpg

best i got, its of my old 99 se sport

i can kinda make it out...looks better than mine...i have no curves at all! just flat straight and too high off the ground:cry:

here are the SE "Sport" sideskirts.

this is my old "touring" SE without them:
338823_3_full.jpg

This is my current SE "Sport" with the sideskirts:
338823_56_full.jpg

the problem is there is no front bumper that matches the sideskirts. the rear bumper is fine i just want something to match the front.

in the lower pick you can see why i am wanting something to match the sideskirts. the front bumper just doesnt look like it belongs.

Last edited:
338823_56_full.jpg

the problem is there is no front bumper that matches the sideskirts. the rear bumper is fine i just want something to match the front.

i feel your pain!!! but i do remeber a little bit ago, some people were talking about a SE front Splitter. from the drawing it looked good with the sideskirts

here is the link about the post i was talking about, it was post 24 they have some sketches.
http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=25788&page=3&highlight=front+bumper

thanks for the good pics guys, it looks pretty good, but since my car didn't come with any i would probly just buy a SVT set or some other aftermarket kit

true the pre 98s flowed better but not as well as id like it too. id rather get a lip on it than get a whole bumper. if im gonna do that i may as well go SVT.

and to answer to Onimitsu those are my sketches lol. im trying to get some feedback from yamaha racer 686 to see if he did anything with it or not.

if he doesnt i will cause finding the SVT sideskirts for a decent price is next to impossible.

We will see. im feeling a summer project coming on. maybe i can convince bagged to create something for me, with some sort of monetary persuasion of course :laugh:

true the pre 98s flowed better but not as well as id like it too. id rather get a lip on it than get a whole bumper. if im gonna do that i may as well go SVT.

and to answer to Onimitsu those are my sketches lol. im trying to get some feedback from yamaha racer 686 to see if he did anything with it or not.

if he doesnt i will cause finding the SVT sideskirts for a decent price is next to impossible.

We will see. im feeling a summer project coming on. maybe i can convince bagged to create something for me, with some sort of monetary persuasion of course :laugh:

Cool, well let me know what happens, i am intrested in doing something with my bumper!

Back