• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Possible Mini-meet Sat, April 19

I'm up .. getting ready. I am not used to the idea of getting up so early on Saturdays! Will see you there... '

i was out of the house before 6:30 this morning and at the manchester plant by 7:00
gotta love getting forced into work on a saturday...fuggers

THANKS Everyone for helping me with this!!! Brapple/Jess, locogringo (who provided dashboard), and especially turbo_fox and iBrent (who stayed till 11pm and helped). I'll have some pictures in Pics and Vids tomorrow midday or so.

My interior is 95% tan free .... I have to find a E1 MNB airbag and put in a bunch of nitpick stuff (center console, glovebox,etc) and that's it. It looks absolutely gorgeous :drool:

Lessons learned: Ford did a lot of weird changes between 1998.0 and 1999.... and turbo_fox's organizational skills are far superior to mine!

Last edited:
THANKS Everyone for helping me with this!!! Brapple/Jess, locogringo (who provided dashboard), and especially turbo_fox and iBrent (who stayed till 11pm and helped). I'll have some pictures in Pics and Vids tomorrow midday or so.

My interior is 95% tan free .... I have to find a E1 MNB airbag and put in a bunch of nitpick stuff (center console, glovebox,etc) and that's it. It looks absolutely gorgeous :drool:

Lessons learned: Ford did a lot of weird changes between 1998.0 and 1999.... and turbo_fox's organizational skills are far superior to mine!

nice man i wish i could of stayed longer!!!!!!i think i have the air bag.. I WANT YOUR RIMS LOL

Sure Matt, your welcome. I'm glad I was there to help. I love working and helping on cars. I learn a lot that way. I really look forward to seeing the finished project and maybe taking a ride with the blue interior. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

i think i have the air bag..

Let me know if you do. The E0 airbag had a different harness and I wasn't willing to play with splicing/etc. turbo_fox will be using his E0 airbag so basically we'll both have horribly ugly steering wheels for the moment :)

I don't know exactly when the airbag connection changed. I think it was 98.5, but it could have been 99-00. E1 had "Second Generation" air bags.

I've got a midnight blue glove box if you need it.

Thanks, but I think I have all the MNB parts except that airbag. It was getting chaotic toward the end last night, so we threw a bunch of stuff in the trunk and I'll get to it later today.

Back