• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

BAT KIT

I just got a BAT kit for my 96 'Tour also. Also got the mounts,bearings, sway bar bushings, and endlinks. Also got the BAT ypipe. Should make a big difference .

Not cheap though, shipping alone was $150 , and on top of that I still have to pay an undetermined brokerage fee to UPS (their estimate $50 - $80), duties, and then 5% sales tax on the total. Probably total at least $300 extra by the time I get the parts.

And to top it off, after paying for the stuff. i get a email saying that the handling kit is on backorder or at least a few weeks. Funny how they "forgot" to mention that fact until after they got my money.

Hopefully in the end it will all be worth it though.

I installed the BAT kit as my first mod, car had about 80K miles, did not replace mounts, regreased/reused the bearings. Car is at 159K miles now, and they are not gentle miles. :laugh: Lowered the car just enough for me, as it is a DD in PA (we don't have the nations smoothest roads :laugh: ), handling is great, and the ride is not too harsh. It was pretty easy to install as well, using the How-to. Post up some pics when you get it done.

How much does the BAT kit lower the car from stock? Can someone post pics?I'm looking at getting the kit for one of the first mods to the svt!

I installed the BAT kit as my first mod, car had about 80K miles, did not replace mounts, regreased/reused the bearings. Car is at 159K miles now, and they are not gentle miles. :laugh: Lowered the car just enough for me, as it is a DD in PA (we don't have the nations smoothest roads :laugh: ), handling is great, and the ride is not too harsh. It was pretty easy to install as well, using the How-to. Post up some pics when you get it done.

Yea that sounds like the roads in DE... LOL Mine's a DD also, that has 133k after I put about 30k on it in the past 2 years. Wish I got the BAT kit cuz I love the looks of the pics I've seen, but oh well...maybe someday:shrug:

Frank

Picking up the car today. Full BAT kit is installed with 4 brand new tires also. I will try to post some pics of the ride later this week.

car does look great! What's the drop on there, those are like 1.5inch right?

I don't know if this is a dumb question but I know the drop isnt that much, so I was wondering how a mirko would look, it won't make it sit to hi will it, I'm thinking it will sit just right?

car does look great! What's the drop on there, those are like 1.5inch right?

I don't know if this is a dumb question but I know the drop isnt that much, so I was wondering how a mirko would look, it won't make it sit to hi will it, I'm thinking it will sit just right?

They are a 1" drop with the BAT kit. Very good for every day driving. Mirko would look just fine. It would not be too low, but adding a mirko would make the car look lower than just having a 1" drop because the mirko will lower appearance of the front end some.

It is raining here currently. I just got home from my part time job. Getting ready for my main job. I will try to get a pic posted soon. My car is a 00 Silver frost. I can tell you it looks really good. It did lower it about 1 inch all around and it rides fantastic. Very happy with the the purchase...

They are a 1" drop with the BAT kit. Very good for every day driving. Mirko would look just fine. It would not be too low, but adding a mirko would make the car look lower than just having a 1" drop because the mirko will lower appearance of the front end some.

Exactly what I would have said. Not issues in normal driving, and I do about 30,000 miles per year on PA roads. :nonono: :laugh:

Yea that would be awesome if I can get that kit someday.

How well does the Mirko do with speed bumbs?? I imagine you haveta be extra careful.

Frank

Finally I will post a pic of my car with the BAT installed. Pic sux.. I will try to get some better shots tomorrow.. Let me know what you think

Attachments

• DSC02096.jpg
    DSC02096.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 1
I love my BAT kit. Had it on my CSVT for two years. Very pleased.

Images taken today.

Attachments

• Right Side Shot1.jpg
    Right Side Shot1.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 0
  • RF Shot1.jpg
    RF Shot1.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 0
Back