• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

It's nice to want but...

Goumba

Hard-core CEG'er
It's not worth putting that much money into a contour. Just in case your wondering, the pic is of a straight cut, dog engagement gearset for the mtx75. It costs £2,575.00!!! You can get your choice of ratio's including up to a 4.857 final ring. My race machine will just have to just have to fair with what it alredy has. But if I was rediculously wealthy...
dogmtx75.jpg

It's not worth putting that much money into a contour. Just in case your wondering, the pic is of a straight cut, dog engagement gearset for the mtx75. It costs £2,575.00!!! You can get your choice of ratio's including up to a 4.857 final ring. My race machine will just have to just have to fair with what it alredy has. But if I was rediculously wealthy...
dogmtx75.jpg

:drool::drool::drool:

More around $4000 but then you have shipping

PLus you'll want the lsd of couse. Extra gears because the dog engaugement part wears out pretty fast. Also diffetent ratios. Don't forget about that shift tower I meantioned earlier. Add in their magical gear lube and your half way to a mortgage.

Okay. I see. He will definitly want a gearbox to handle all that power. I'm not sure if anyone has seen the internals if the stock gearbox, but the syncromesh part is a little on the lacking side. Not too much though. Quaife also make a syncromesh gear kit. I'm pretty sure that it uses the oe syncro parts though.

I'm missing the shift tower... anyone have a link?

[but very cool, I knew all about the quaife gear set but had never dug for the information, mostly because of the price]

Back