• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Tint Percent in PA

I have never understood why factory tint is allowed but aftermarket is not. There's no difference in visibility between factory and aftermarket...

"officer, its an SVT, they come from the factory like this sir."

how much does a "fix-it" ticket set you back if you dont get it fixed?
and is it in your records and does the fine get bigger the more times you get it?

Depends. Around here you can get charged for "failure to respond" to the warning and that is $108. You can also then get a citation for having the tint, since you didn't comply with the warning, and that citation is $75.

After the five days to comply with the warning you will certainly get a citation for tint if you don't show up with the car and prove that the tint has been removed.

Technically, you are failing to respond to the warning and therefore subject to the "failure to respond" citation also.

It's not on your record and no the fine doesn't get bigger.

Depends. Around here you can get charged for "failure to respond" to the warning and that is $108. You can also then get a citation for having the tint, since you didn't comply with the warning, and that citation is $75.

After the five days to comply with the warning you will certainly get a citation for tint if you don't show up with the car and prove that the tint has been removed.

Technically, you are failing to respond to the warning and therefore subject to the "failure to respond" citation also.

It's not on your record and no the fine doesn't get bigger.

the tint was on my car when i got it, so im not sure how much it costs to get it... on average about how does a 5-window 20% tint cost?

just seeing if its cheaper to take it off and put it back on, or just pay the fine and leave it on... haha.

I was getting gas a few hours ago, and of course 2 freaking cops come strolling up to get donuts and gas... so i try to get out of there asap, as i start to leave one of them flags me down.... he says to me, "you need to change those headlights, theyre almost purple, they arent even close to legal! that tint looks alittle dark too, make sure you get that fixed."

hahah yeah ill get right on that... =P

hopefully i dont run into this guy again

, and of course 2 freaking cops come strolling up to get donuts and gas... so i try to get out of there asap,
...he says to me, "you need to change those headlights, theyre almost purple, they arent even close to legal! that tint looks alittle dark too, make sure you get that fixed."

Sounds like they were kinda cool to me, verbal warning vs. citation for both items. I'll take that any day. :shrug:

i got pulled over for my tint the guy was being a complete dick to me he gave me 4 tickets at $175 a piece one for the back window, the back passengers, the drivers and passengers and my licenses plate cover. it was $700 altogether and it only came out as 29% on the tint meter cause it was the 35% on top of the stock. i took him to court and the judge said thats ridicules so he told me to take it off or the next time i get the ticket. i just dont drive in that township anymore.

Back