• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I'm just a little confused with this.

Pen_Two

Is not easliy amused.
Here's your basic Contique interior, right? Nothing special...blueish-cloth.
DSC00073.jpg

But this is what it's inside of...
DSC00072.jpg

:shrug:

obvious misbadge...the interior does not support the accident theory...unless the accident victim shat all over the inside upon impact, enough to justify an entirely new interior (YAE is blue inside..dash and all), which then begs the question - why wasn't it totalled?

my question is, wtf would anyone badge their car a YAE in the first place?

yeah i do it all the time. even in front of the owners sometimes. i get weird looks, but noone ever says anything. fugg em anyway.

Of course the junkyard theory works. The regular old Misty got in an accident, and they took a fender off a junkyard YAM and tossed it on. Doesn't explain the stripes, though, unless those were added.

my question is, wtf would anyone badge their car a YAE in the first place?

I would totally agree that this was just a case of misbadging except for your great point here... why would anyone even bother?:shrug: unless it was done at a dealership so they could sell it as a yae?

YA Editions did not have any pin stripe. That's pretty much just a regular Mystique with YA badges and some ugly pin stripe.

mysford1.jpg

mysford2.jpg

i dont ever remember seeing one of those mystiques here in soCal....ever....

it is possible that it is a vehicle that ford 'missed' when giving it the yae treatment...maybe it was destined to a regular model but was given the yae stuff that it has by accident or something :shrug:

maybe it was built as an error car...you know, how baseball card companies starting producing all those 'error cards' back in the 90's

i dont ever remember seeing one of those mystiques here in soCal....ever....

it is possible that it is a vehicle that ford 'missed' when giving it the yae treatment...maybe it was destined to a regular model but was given the yae stuff that it has by accident or something :shrug:

maybe it was built as an error car...you know, how baseball card companies starting producing all those 'error cards' back in the 90's

it doesn't have any YAE stuff except the badges though...

Back