• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Speaker installation.

lunatic

CEG'er
Hello

I got my door panels off and wanted to buy some of those Pioneer 6x8 3-way speakers they sell at Best Buy. Only problem is the stock speakers only have 3 holes, in which the screws go in. 2 on one side and 1 on the other. These speakers that are specifically made to fit Ford and Mazda vehicles (even says it fits Contour on back) have 4 holes. What am I supposed to do in order to install these? Do I need to drill a hole in the door, or is there adapter plates to make them fit. From what I read on the back of the box, these speakers should be a direct match up to all Ford vehicles mid 1990's on up. Any help would be appreicated.

Thanks

Yuck! I was hoping it would just be a direct bolt in. :-( Okay, what size drill bit should I use?

Take screw where hole is not present, push hard with drill, and have at her... eventually she'll go thru and be nice and tight... be careful to not jump the screw and put a hole in your speaker.. :D

there's no set size for drill bit, take your screw and bits, and put them end to end, and find one smaller then your screw by like 1-2 sizes and use it. That way there's still enough metal for threads. simply as that

Self tapping sheet metal screws. Eazy, effective, will drill a perfect sized hole.

What year/model is your tour? There should be 4 holes for the old speakers...

Back