• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

im new

hey all im new to the forum. I wasnt sure where to post this, as I am from ohio i thought i would post it here. i have a 98 se with the 2.5. This is my first contour, I have been interested in them for a while but have never had the opertunity to buy one. i only paid 2000 for it and so far it seems clean as can be. No body blemishes and it runs nice. It needs a little brake work, the last owner was a bit of an ass. Mantnance was not his thing. Anyway I hope to learn a bunch from the forum, and if anyone has any stereo/alarm remote start questions i have about ten years in the biz as both an installer and audio shop manager. thanks guys

none

none

well ive worked for a few shops. I started at safe and sound a little before they went out of business, then it became audio edge-worked there for a year and a half. and then i finished at B's car stereo. i worked there for almost four years ending my stay as the head installer/manager. thanks for the welcome. and speaking of props on the remote start alarm standpoint, i need the hook up on some uncut 98^ transponder keys. i want to install my autopage 860 but my car only came with one key and seeing as how i will need at least one more for the key in the box bypass, i have to find another. so if anybody on the forum works at a dealer or has the hook up let me know, i think i may buy 2 if the price is right. oh and i will post some pics as soon as i have a few.

Last edited:
well ive worked for a few shops. I started at safe and sound a little before they went out of business, then it became audio edge-worked there for a year and a half. and then i finished at B's car stereo. i worked there for almost four years ending my stay as the head installer/manager. thanks for the welcome. and speaking of props on the remote start alarm standpoint, i need the hook up on some uncut 98^ transponder keys. i want to install my autopage 860 but my car only came with one key and seeing as how i will need at least one more for the key in the box bypass, i have to find another. so if anybody on the forum works at a dealer or has the hook up let me know, i think i may buy 2 if the price is right. oh and i will post some pics as soon as i have a few.

I only had one key when I bought the car used, so I, too, was in the same boat a couple of years ago. At the time another CEG'er (Irda), was looking for them, as well. We both found that Tom Holzer in Farmington Hills was by far the cheapest. Give them a call and find out what they'll charge. If they have increased their rates, I'll try to dig up my old receipt and you can ask them to match the price. At the time, I notified EGL since I talked w/the manager and he didn't mind giving out the same deal (I also got ~10% off on parts), but nobody other than Irda used it. IIRC, I paida little less than $50 (~$46) for two keys (including programming and key fobs). Lemme know if you're interested. I'm not online very regularly, so if I don't respond immediately, just give it some time.

Back