• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Contour gone....

btrautman

CEG'er
Well,

Sold my 1995 Contour to my nephew.....just before selling it, radiator sprung a leak and replaced it which required new atx lines.......

Been fun....

Bob

Here's hoping you stick around. Your knowledge has been most appreciated and your help with rebuilds were monumental in creating how-tos in the appropriate forums..

Be a troll, cool?

Trolling welcome:cool: . Many CEG'ers have no Contour or Mystique! I refer to the picture stories all the time. The old CEG is still missing photos (maybe I can restore those somehow)?

If you don't mind me asking, what have you replaced the contor with?

Good luck with your new replacement :cool:

I have thought of selling my contour but I just cant seem to bring myself to do it. Good luck with the new ride.

Don't be a stranger. Appreciate the info from your AT tranny rebuild. :cool:

Thanks for the comments!

I'll check out why the pictures don't appear. They are online and should be available.......

I didn't replace the Contour with anything. I drove the Contour while my daughter used my Saturn (2001 L200 - car has some problems to say the least) My daughter has bought her own car and gave my Saturn back to me. Did some repairs on the Saturn and am driving that now. sold the Contour to my newphew who has been following this forum on and off since I did the rebuild. He is driving it now.

for 1995 you would expect some repairs. My Saturn is a 2001 L200 2.2 4cylinder which I purchased new. Repairs done to this car have been:

At 10 months after purchasing from dealer I chalked up 38,000 miles on the engine. Driving down the highway the timing chain snapped destroying engine and required new engine - Saturn refused to pay.
20 days later heater core burst
1 month later, fuel pump went out.
since then, 2 timing chain kits installed, 2 balance chain kits.
New oil pump,
Head removed and valve job done to originally replace two broken exhaust studs on head.
Exhaust manifold cracked in half.
2 catalyic converters installed
New Windshield
New ignition module
New body control module
and not including maintenance items....brakes, etc.

Most of the repairs were done myself but not all - Saturn/GM is a bad name in my book and will never purchase from them again. My 2005 Hyundai Sonata has 86,000 miles and I have not had ONE problem. I now have to pull the rear end. Driving off the lot with a new car I have had the problem of this car eating up tires and an astonishing rate. There is a factory defect with the rear end where it can not be aligned properly. There is a kit out now from the dealer that I just purchased where it will correct the factory defect but I have to drop the rear axle to install it. I'm getting ready to do this and found the upper and lower control arm bushings are shot and have to be replaced.....total miles on the car at this point is 269,000 miles......

The fun never ends......I'll be visiting......

Regards,
Bob

Well I found out why my pictures were not displaying. A few months ago I switched from Time Warner to Verizon for my internet service. I just found out from Verizon that they block port 80 access to all consumer accounts. If I need port 80 access I need to purchase a business account. Whereas time warner never blocked any ports.......

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Bob

Port redirection? No quick answers to this problem, I'm afraid.

Well, talked to Verizon "premium" support today was told they do not block ports. The model router I have has "problems" They are switching me to another brand modem/router that has the capability I need. Should have pictures back online in a couple of days....

Bob

Well now switching to Time Warner. Verizon sent the new router still did not work. Called "Premium" support and they now told me that they do block port 80. Cancelled their service and will be on time warner this weekend....

Bob

I just tried the old CEG Picture story and it works!

Just tried it from the office and they do not appear. Are you sure you don't have the pictures cached in your browser.........

Still making the switch back to Time Warner this weekend......It is my opinion that Verizon likes to try and "dumb down" consumers....

bob

I tried a few pages into the ATX, and no images. The first page did work again, however. Is your Verizon DSL or the new Fiber optic (FIOS)? I may switch to Timewarner to get a faster speed, my Frontier DSL will not exceed 800kbps=100KBps, slow..

Last edited:
I tried a few pages into the ATX, and no images. The first page did work again, however. Is your Verizon DSL or the new Fiber optic (FIOS)? I may switch to Timewarner to get a faster speed, my Frontier DSL will not exceed 800kbps=100KBps, slow..

I have the standard DSL, no fiber. The speed is a bit higher though. I'm getting 7mgbit.....

Time warner will be 5. Really didn't have a problem with time warner. Verizon attracted me with the higher speed for same price.....it was a mistake...

bob

You have a perfect DSL connection! Almost 10 times mine. But it isn't much help if it is restricted usage. Seems cable would be faster than 5mbps?

You have a perfect DSL connection! Almost 10 times mine. But it isn't much help if it is restricted usage. Seems cable would be faster than 5mbps?

Your exactly correct! The speed is not of much use with Verizon behind the scenes is restricting usage........Not the type of company I will do business with - for anything...

Bob

I think they all do it, but the restrictions are not encountered by too many users. Broadbandreports.com has much discussion about such things, and Timewarner is "reasonable" about restrictions.

Back