• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

First pics of the 99 Green SVT

1999contour

CEG'er
Finally, I own a SVT. It's been a long wait and I couldn't be more pleased. Just got back home about an hour ago and washed her up and took some pics. There is a little bit of work to do, some scrapes on the front bumper and rear passenger door. Also the headlights will need to be wet sanded and buffed. Other than that I am pretty happy, put on about 500 flawless miles since saturday morning.

As for future mods, I plan on leaving it mostly stock besides the trubenz magnaflow without res and a CAI.

Here are the pics:
SVT1.jpg

SVT2.jpg

SVT3.jpg

SVT4.jpg

Hmm, want to trade for my 1995 Zetec? It is a manual, it is green, and it only has 69,000 miles, so you will be coming out ahead by 1,000 miles... C'mon, say yes :laugh:

Well, I think I will pass on that one. :)

I forgot to mention the other mod that wil be coming... a oem spoiler.

Thanks for all the compliments!

Nice car. the green SVT's are gorgeous.

I agree with the general consensus. An OEM spoiler will spoil the clean looks of your car. Don't do it.

New headlights will probly be in the plans... but can't afford them right now.

As far as the spoiler goes... I have always really liked the svt's with the stock spoiler.... but we shall see how i adjust to the spoilerless car.

Give a ring up to Steve at Tousley Ford at 800-328-9552 for any Ford parts you may need. He can get you a great deal on the headlights, and I'd ask about the spoiler as well. The spoiler completes the look on these cars -- takes the plain jane element away. :cool:

you wont be happy w/the results. maybe for about a week. i've done more sets of headlights than i care to remember. they'll all eventually fade over again.

Back