• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

CTA Intake fitment

CSVT1214

Addicted CEG'er
I'm looking to pick up a used CTA for my brothers 95 Mystique. The intake came off a 98. I know CTA asks you to specify what year the car is when you buy the intake new.

Will a 98 intake be the same as an early 95 or was there differences in sensor locations, etc?

I'm looking to pick up a used CTA for my brothers 95 Mystique. The intake came off a 98. I know CTA asks you to specify what year the car is when you buy the intake new.

Will a 98 intake be the same as an early 95 or was there differences in sensor locations, etc?

I just learned the IAT sensor is located in a different spot, but other than that i thought they were pretty much the same.

I believe the IAT location is different. Earlier (95-97) have an IAT sensor which is seperated form the MAF. The later style has them combined?? (thus the different number of wires to the MAF?) Some else chime in if I'm off. I have 96 and I just moved my IAT to the back side of the air box behind the air tube connection. Drilled a hole and threaded the sensor into the plastic, works like a charm.

That is the sleeperZ style though, not the open filter element style.

I believe the IAT location is different. Earlier (95-97) have an IAT sensor which is seperated form the MAF. The later style has them combined?? (thus the different number of wires to the MAF?) Some else chime in if I'm off. I have 96 and I just moved my IAT to the back side of the air box behind the air tube connection. Drilled a hole and threaded the sensor into the plastic, works like a charm.

That is the sleeperZ style though, not the open filter element style.

I'll have to look at it again today after work. I only remember seeing the MAF sensor on the intake.

pre98's have the IAT sensor located on the underside of the pipe for the intake resonator (that big plastic piece that comes off the intake hose towards the front of the car).

pre98's have the IAT sensor located on the underside of the pipe for the intake resonator (that big plastic piece that comes off the intake hose towards the front of the car).

Oh really? My Haynes said it was under the plenum off of the TB, but i could've misinterpreted.

The IAT doesn't even need to measure the temperature of the air already inside the intake, either. If you really wanted to you could have the IAT mounted just outside the air filter if you really wanted :shrug:.

Finally found it. It was right in front of me but I couldn't see it at the angles I was looking. On his 95 it was in the intake hose directly after the MAF pipe.

I was at the junkyard today getting some parts and there was a 98 Zetec there and it was mounted the exact same way. That said, a 98 intake setup will match up fine with the 95.

Thanks everyone.

Back