• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Some pics of my svt

and a few people on the bored have kyb gr2 struts with eibachs and no complaints. As well as buddies of mine have them on there cars and no problems...

If they had an actual performance strut to compare it to they might actually complain. If you want to be cheap since its a daily driver why not just put the Eibachs on without getting new struts?

well my stock suspension is nearing 80k and i figured i would replace them with some gr2 and eibachs.

I mean if they are so bad, are the contour gr2s bad different then integra ones, or probe ones for that fact? I mean i know alot of honda owners that run gr2s with lowering springs and have no problems what so ever. That is what i'm going off of, i mean i don't think the gr2s for the contour would be made that much different where they are just going to fail.

I dont' plan on autox'in probably will never even run it at the strip. Just not a big deal to me. So spending 250 for all 4 struts seems like a good deal to me instead of spending more.

its not like they'll sh$t the bed right away,they just won't last say 50k that a stock strut/spring setup would/could last you.

well if that's the case i'm fine with that. all my previous cars barely see 8k a year, so the contour won't be no different.

I mean i know alot of honda owners that run gr2s with lowering springs and have no problems what so ever. That is what i'm going off of, i mean i don't think the gr2s for the contour would be made that much different where they are just going to fail.

Just dont try to fool yourself into thinking its a performance strut when its not. Thats my main point.

Back