• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

OPTIMIZED LIM.. anyone?

Huh? Its 37mm because they bored out the hole then halfshafted the secondaries with a custom butterfly. I used to own this LIM, it was pretty nice I must say. The primarys are the stock size though FYI.

See if i remember correctly they used the sho's 37mm butterflies. Looking at the pics they are already half shafted. :shrug:

So you having a hybrid...why did you sell the LIM?

port matching 2.5-3mms isn't anything big. i'm not talking about boring the whole head port,i'm just talking about porting the edge out of the way so the opening is 37mm's. than it tapers back down to its stock size.

If the head inlets are 34.5, 37 is more overbored than port-matched. Unless you're saying that the heads were also bored to 37.

Hes trying to tell you what you should do when installing the LIM with a 37mm bore. Because just putting it in. is a bad idea

See his post above ^^^^^.

See if i remember correctly they used the sho's 37mm butterflies. Looking at the pics they are already half shafted. :shrug:

So you having a hybrid...why did you sell the LIM?
He is using a gutted SVT LIM IIRC he says its faster.. We shall see...
Hes trying to tell you what you should do when installing the LIM with a 37mm bore. Because just putting it in. is a bad idea

Well you have to figure that its not a completely open 37mm there is a plate taking up a good chunk of space in the port, same goes for the primary ports they have the rods running right thorough the middle of it.

Realistically, it would help if you slapped it on a stock head. Yes, it would be ideal to have it port matched ;)

He is using a gutted SVT LIM IIRC he says its faster.. We shall see...

Well you have to figure that its not a completely open 37mm there is a plate taking up a good chunk of space in the port, same goes for the primary ports they have the rods running right thorough the middle of it.

Realistically, it would help if you slapped it on a stock head. Yes, it would be ideal to have it port matched ;)

You are wrong, the other side of the bar would increase the MM to 73+

Same thing with TB's we have 60mm with both shafts. YOu remove one shaft and it becomes a 63mm ;)
I got your back beans

You are wrong, the other side of the bar would increase the MM to 73+

Same thing with TB's we have 60mm with both shafts. YOu remove one shaft and it becomes a 63mm ;)
I got your back beans

:crazy:

Now just wait untill my vtec kick in at 3800k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!

vtec_yo.jpg

yeah i have a E0 98 LIM. i'm going to put on a 3L split port (should be bigger, i'll measure the ones i have though) i'm not gutting one, i like the secondaries for the most part. i'd really like to get my intake mani honed out huge and half shaft the 3L LIM.

beans... i hate you. lol!

starjammir's car rips too without the secondaries but he's got a shoshop upper and 65mm TB so it rips up top.

starjammir's car rips too without the secondaries but he's got a shoshop upper and 65mm TB so it rips up top.

Join the club, lol i got a SHO upper coming as well, hopefully... ;)

No doubt bills car hauls arse, i was going to ask for a ride but then he had the wheel incident :(

that is an awsome VTEC pic, never seen that one.hahaha

but i was jw what exactly is gutting the secondaries, and what will that do for pros and cons???

yeah i have a E0 98 LIM. i'm going to put on a 3L split port (should be bigger, i'll measure the ones i have though) i'm not gutting one, i like the secondaries for the most part. i'd really like to get my intake mani honed out huge and half shaft the 3L LIM.

Did star jammer dyno his car with you guys at walsh??

No I didnt. Last year I put down 220/200 though. Since I have added the gutted secondaries, sho shop y without cat, and a opted mustang TB. Some other minor things like some gasket matching....etc.

On a 2.5 its bad (never ever do)

on a 3L its personal taste IMO

3L Gives you lots of low end hp/torque but less up top

Wouldn't you lose some low end and mid range but gain up top?? Thats according to demonsvt results from his LIM mod.

Back