• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVT FUSION????

I have faith in Ford. I think they will pull out of their tailspin. Actually, I think they have already pulled out.

They are starting to pay more attention to Ford Europe and their other divisions who actually make money, I'll give them that.

Ford last month did turn a profit. So they have already turned around. They just need a few 1/4's of constant profits and the company will be stable in the market it is in now.

They just need to hurry and build more gas friendly cars, because all the asian cars companies have alot lined up already.

The new Ford Fiesta looks very cool. I would not hesitate to buy one of those... or how about an SVT Fiesta?:laugh: And my $.02... Exxon Mobil made a record profit of $11 BILLION just in the first quarter of 2008! That is not supply and demand IMO.

The new Ford Fiesta looks very cool. I would not hesitate to buy one of those... or how about an SVT Fiesta?:laugh: And my $.02... Exxon Mobil made a record profit of $11 BILLION just in the first quarter of 2008! That is not supply and demand IMO.
11 billion in profit:nonono: ya we arent paying 3.75 a gallon too much for gas are we?

You mean the oil cartell called OPEC is artifically inflating prices? :eek: That would never happen! All they are doing is shooting themselves in the foot. You PO the U.S. we just find another way to get along without the product you are producing. Now if we can just get those hippies off the oil companies and let them build new refineries and drill in alaska we could reduce the cost of oil until we come up with other means of alternative fuel.

That sounds fine and dandy.. but it's not reality. First off, drilling in Alaska is only a band aid.. and it won't buy time for the oil companies to come up with alternative fuels. They have had decades already to offer alternatives. It is not in there best interests YET. The US is the number one consumer of oil. That is partly why we are affected so bad. There are two major reasons we are suffering currently. One, worldwide crude oil extraction capacity has maxed out. Second, the most populated countries in the world are now going through an industrial and economical boom such as we did in the forties and fifties. The problem with this is that they are now needing much larger quantities of oil which affects the global market. Supply and demand. We will continue to increases in oil prices until our reliance is broken. I doubt we will see $10 gas next year, but it will be getting worse. There are many more details to this situation obviously, but I will understand this was not the point of the thread so I tried to keep it short and clarify - we have been discussing this in an international business class.

Sorry for the long post.. just got excited :eek:

have any of you guys looked into that water into hydrogen unit that you introduce into your fuel system somehow and it supposedly give you like 50% better fuel milage...... i think i would test it on my jeep or some thing lol not the SVT........ but it says something like hydrogen is 3x more effecient that gas and creates virtually no emissions? it might be where this fuel crissis goes Alternitive fuels..... i remember at a lumber yard i worked at when i was a teen the had a cherokee that ran on propane....:shrug:

Back