• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Intake system?

just search a lil it and youll find all you need to know, most people for cold air run the nautilus kit, but theres plenty that just keep it short with a heat sheild.

ok. This might sound dumb but i dont really understand what the heat shield is? If i bought the Nautilus intake would i need a heat shield as well?

Could someone send me a pic of a heat shield?

you wont need a heatshield with a NPG intake. youd only want one for a short ram. search the group buy section for pudmunkie heat shields

ok. This might sound dumb but i dont really understand what the heat shield is? If i bought the Nautilus intake would i need a heat shield as well?

If the filter is just gonna sit in the engine bay and suck hot engine air (bad for performance) then a heat shield will block a lot of that heat for you. The Nautilus is actually a cold air system which moves the filter out of the engine bay down to where it can get cool air from under the car.

The Nautilus is actually a cold air system which moves the filter out of the engine bay down to where it can get cool air from under the car.

Ok i think my best option is to go with the nautilus intake. Should i just order it offline from there website or is there somewhere i can get it cheaper?

Unless you find someone on HERE that has one for sale PERSONALLY, then there isn't ANYWHERE you can get them at ALL, except nautilus. its an in-house shop, made specifically for this car.. its not like "finding" a K&N at another store.

Yep, just order directly from them.
I have one waiting to be installed and its a nice kit but does require some installation time---doesn't look bad if you've done a few CAI installs or have mech. ability.
Not all the early ones had install instructions but I have them saved and could email it to you if you're interested to see what you're getting into.
-J

I know when I ordered my kit from NPG, Joey sent me a Adobe file to give a step by step install and from reading that it shouldnt take to long.

Well my brother will help me instal it.. but its not that hard is it?

As long as you're comfortable doing a little cutting there where the stock setup gets cold air from the fender. And I'd ask them to ship it without the K&N so you can use an oil-less dry filter from AEM.

Is joey like a guy you know from there? My brother knows alot about cars so i think we should be fine. When you ordered it, did it come out to be around $140 with tax?

I paid about 130 with tax and shipping. I guess prices went up recently but I have yet to install mine but should be doing it in a few days.

Sorry about sending 3 messages, I thought they werent showing up.. but i realized there was a 2nd page. How long ago did you order it and why havnt u installed it yet? i would have that baby in there right away!

Back