• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Hmm... what could this pile of parts possibly mean?

In car header install huh? Screw that...

I did headers when I did my torsen install. It was a lot of work pulling the motor and trans and whatnot but doing all the upgrades with the motor/trans out was so much easier... :D

drop the subframe when you install headers makes it much easier. and the alignment that isn needed after isn't a bad thing either ....

You've done 2 without doing either of those things... to me that says its not that hard.

:laugh: oh its hard.....well more of a PITA than anything. I had some nice bloody knuckles from the install. I think mainly b/c of my fat hands lol. Scott had to get all of the tight areas which is just about ALL of it :laugh:.

Ryan...you might want to change your plugs after the install. I know I had to. My car was misfiring really bad after install and basically not drivable. Changed the plugs and it was perfect.

Ok, for anyone planning on heading out, we'll be working on it Fri after 7 (once engine has cooled) till I fall over, and starting around 9:30 or so, once qualifying is done. Anyone that wants to head out Fri night is more than welcome to crash (not literally:laugh:) overnight so you won't have to drive. I know Rob and Justin said they might swing by Sat. My brother Geoff may also be there to lend a hand.

As I am now a non-drinker, you guys will need to supply your own alcoholic beverage of choice. Doesn't bother me if you guys indulge, as long as I don't have to throw Ryan in the back of the car again. :laugh: ;)

As I am now a non-drinker, you guys will need to supply your own alcoholic beverage of choice. Doesn't bother me if you guys indulge, as long as I don't have to throw Ryan in the back of the car again. :laugh: ;)

Hey, come on now, I got in the car on my own... I just refused to leave :laugh:

I'll be out Friday night to lend a hand, but I'm not sure if I'll make it Saturday. It'll be good to see everyone again.

Scott I'll give you a call as I'm leaving my house to get a refresher on how to get to your place. I'm pretty sure I remember, but my luck I'd make one wrong turn and end up in BFE with Bubba telling me I "got sum purty teeth"! I should be about around 7 or 8.

I'm pretty sure I remember, but my luck I'd make one wrong turn and end up in BFE with Bubba telling me I "got sum purty teeth"! I should be about around 7 or 8.

If you get off 79N at the 228 exit, make a left toward 19N. Follow 19N past the Wal Mart to Rochester road. Left onto Rochester road (enjoy the curves :laugh:) all the way to the end. Yellow house w/ all the Pine trees. There isw a banner in the Front yard next to the driveway.

And don't worry, Bubba means that as a compliment.:laugh:

Back