• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Highest N/A numbers...

SicSE

Veteran CEG'er
... to the wheels - what were they & who did it?

The highest I've seen is the 230/237 in Tourige's sig... assuming his was N/A.

Mine is 216.70hp and 198.39tq At The Wheels with a base tune and 11.5:1 A/F. Oval Port with SVT cams, 3L UIM, WR Header and Y-pipe with a CTA Exhaust, 42lb injectors. I plan to bump the A/F upto 13.5:1 and install my NPG CAI. Taht is of course if I decide not to install the turbo kit.

Touriges numbers were with the nitrous I believe (cool dyno video of it).

Aaron

... to the wheels - what were they & who did it?

The highest I've seen is the 230/237 in Tourige's sig... assuming his was N/A.

I believe that was with nitrous. Some consider that a form of FI (I don't).

EDIT: Didn't read all of SVT SNOB's post.

Starjammir's car put down 220/200. I'm hoping for somewhere north of 210/200 when I go to the dyno (hopefully tomorrow). My receipt book has a dyno sheet from before the car was tuned that showed 196/221 or so.

Tourige was not true N/A.

Timeless420 did 237whp/219wtq on his 3.0L.

DavidZ did 240 whp untuned right out of the gates. He never did get it tuned before he sold it.

Nitrous definitely puts it in a different category.

Timeless420 did 237whp/219wtq on his 3.0L.
DavidZ did 240 whp untuned right out of the gates. He never did get it tuned before he sold it.
Damn nice numbers. Where are these guys now & what did they have that put them so much higher than everyone else?

Nitrous definitely puts it in a different category.

Damn nice numbers. Where are these guys now & what did they have that put them so much higher than everyone else?

Timeless420's 3.0L was mainly contributed to his custom high compression pistons. I can't recall off the top of my head how high they were. I do know he had overheating issues. Not sure if he ever got it fixed. I think he has since sold the car.

DavidZ had some prototype cams that he scored from Roush IIRC. He sold his probably 5+ years ago.

Timeless420's 3.0L was mainly contributed to his custom high compression pistons. I can't recall off the top of my head how high they were. I do know he had overheating issues. Not sure if he ever got it fixed. I think he has since sold the car.

DavidZ had some prototype cams that he scored from Roush IIRC. He sold his probably 5+ years ago.

Evan's (Timeless420) had a 12:1 CR I believe and that car was awesome. His car was dyno'd by Steeda Performance in Milton.

DavidZ had some BTCC Spec cams that were made by Piper from what I heard. I had a sound clip of his car and it sounded mean as hell.

Aaron

blackcoog did 225/? trq with his N/A 3L

i did 205 untuned lol

the highest would probably be the guys with the first 7 contour SVT's built claiming in the 260's WHP...

warmonger did 217 HP with his hybrid, probably the highest a hybrid did

blackcoog did 225/? trq with his N/A 3L

i did 205 untuned lol

the highest would probably be the guys with the first 7 contour SVT's built claiming in the 260's WHP...

warmonger did 217 HP with his hybrid, probably the highest a hybrid did

Your 205 was a great untuned number :).

Starjammirs Hybrid did 220/200 as mentioned earlier.

Aaron

I believe that was with nitrous. Some consider that a form of FI (I don't).

EDIT: Didn't read all of SVT SNOB's post.

Starjammir's car put down 220/200. I'm hoping for somewhere north of 210/200 when I go to the dyno (hopefully tomorrow). My receipt book has a dyno sheet from before the car was tuned that showed 196/221 or so.

On the aggressive tune, I did 206/196 with the car you now own. Should be relatively similar, unless you've done any other mods, or the dynos don't read the same(as if that would ever happen.) :laugh:

Mark

On the aggressive tune, I did 206/196 with the car you now own. Should be relatively similar, unless you've done any other mods, or the dynos don't read the same(as if that would ever happen.) :laugh:

Mark

Well, since I've owned it, I've put on the sho-shop y-pipe with a super hi-flow cat, CAI (won't do anything on the dyno, I know), and I cleaned up the air filter, MAF, etc. I found out today that my new IMRC is mad at me AGAIN (P1518- IMRC stuck open :mad:), but it has been pulling HARD lately. It ran an 8.80 in the 1/8th mile earlier today at the temporary drag strip next to my apartment, and that was with wet pavement and two people in the car.

sweet. now i know everyone says nitrous is considered forced induction.... but i still think every N/A built car should have a shot of spray to keep the boosted guys ego's in check.

my 2.5L with164k on it only made 170 WHP but i had a nice 100 shot to back it up in cases of ego-boost (lol)

i made a best of 285/318 WHP with the nitrous, before it went boom. i ran it for three summers with the nitrous, it always ran great except for the last time i used nitrous lol.... if i ever break 240 whp N/A i'll add a 100 shot and make it 340... lol.

Back