• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

TireRack.com - 16" Goodyear Eagle F1 GS D3 Starting @ $56ea

Can anyone shed some light on tires that have been sitting around for as long as these have? I have been reconsidering them... I just don't want one to blow out on the freeway or something like that :blackeye: I'd much rather spend more $ than have that.

Still doesn't help me decide. :(

Any personal inquiries?
Yes, in the 20 days since this has been posted, 3 crashes one fatality :laugh:
My brother and I talked about it and I guess its a personal call but I would run them. The time they've been in a warehouse in this situation doesn't bother me.
-J

Can anyone shed some light on tires that have been sitting around for as long as these have? I have been reconsidering them... I just don't want one to blow out on the freeway or something like that :blackeye: I'd much rather spend more $ than have that.

It hasnt been long enough for it to concern me if I was buying a set. By the time I wore them out and replaced them they would still be within a "safe" age for tires. That being said, you know that tires much older that were stored way worse are being sold at this very moment and only a few of them may develop a problem because of it.

Yes well the thing is, i live in the tundra Michigan, so these tires will only see road less than half of the year..

Well i dunno, these would be going to the csvt and I'm a younging with a cast iron right foot.
I bet i would get 2-3 summers.

For those doubting whether rebate was good for these special closeout tires or not...

Tire Rack didn't send me a rebate form, I downloaded it off their website and mailed it in to Goodyear.

Received my $50 rebate check in the mail today, only 4 weeks from date I sent it in. Probably fatest rebate I have ever received back.

So my net cost after shipping is $53.50 per tire, add $3.50 install, $7.00 lifetime balance = $264 set of 4 mounted on car

Can't beat that price. Better than waiting in line at Wal-Mart on Black Friday. No stampede risk either

I just checked, and the price on the 205/50/16 has dropped even lower. Only $49 a tire now! :shocked:

But the rebate expired Nov-29. I'm keeping an eye to see if Goodyear starts a new rebate for December. If they do I'll buy another set for my daughter's CSVT.

so tempted so I can have some tires on my E1's for a spare set of wheels/tires .... damn all these fees for buying a home ....

FYI: I tried to pick up a set yesterday and I got a call from the Tire Rack immediately afterward stating that those Goodyears (205/50/16) would not support the weight of my car and thus they could not send them to me. BS? Also, the customer service rep made no mention of the fact that the tires were from 2004.

FYI: I tried to pick up a set yesterday and I got a call from the Tire Rack immediately afterward stating that those Goodyears (205/50/16) would not support the weight of my car and thus they could not send them to me. BS? Also, the customer service rep made no mention of the fact that the tires were from 2004.

not support the weight :confused: technically they are alittle small depending on the year that they will be installed on.

I would order through the web and not specify a car that way they can't call you and say anything about it.

actually now that I read the site closer it states that they are 2004 production. also the load rating on these is 87 where as the correctly size stock tire or 17" tire is 91. those numbers deal with the weight of the vehicle.

Last edited:
Ford stock spec for my '99 SVT is tire rating of 90 not 91
90 = 1323 lb. load
87 = 1201 lb. load

Many popular stock tires (205/55 or 215/50) recommended for SVT's come up with a rating of 89.
Myself I wouldn't worry about the 87 rating unless you frequently overload the car full with heavy passengers and cargo. Even then it probably wouldn't matter anyway.

Side note, after I saw the price drop from $56 to $49 I sent a polite email to Tire Rack salesperson I purchased from. Inquired whether they have a price guarantee and mentioned the now lower price. Got a quick reply back and a $28 credit back to my credit card. It never hurts to ask.

Back