• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

It's a New England Winter!!

Is that the one by goldroc?

Thats the West Hartford Office, mostly clinical stuff. The main hospital is in Farmington, cant miss it from the highway coming up from the south on 84. They cancelled all classes and non essentail stuff. I work in Radiology so its basically us,medical records, ER, facilities and the Hospital floors that are here, very quiet compared to a normal day, plus a lot of parking spots :)

I actually enjoy driving in the snow when no one is around, gotta love RWD :) Should be a fun drive home tonight :)

Matt

Wouldn't the bus company already be on standby and be prepared for a possible early release. I know Enfield already has set early release schedules.

I guess I didn't think about the special :crazy:needs buses. I come from a day when we didn't shuttle children all over the state.

Yeah, but if the snow is already coming down, those buses don't exactly move easy. Just think of the crap the bus company and district would get if one of those buses was in an accident.

In a big storm like this one, most districts just follow the others with what they're doing too. Since pretty much the whole state cancelled, other districts decided to do the same even though some areas didn't see it till later.

I see both sides to this. Before working in the district, I would agree with you entirely, but I get to see the chaos in the schools before a storm, so it's just easier to cancel.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that enjoys driving in the snow.
Absolutely love it!

HELL YEAH!

I took the Bimmer out with Sandra yesterday and we went grocery shopping at 2 stores, got lunch, and then continued home.

I drove slower in the beginning of the storm when everyone was still out and driving 5 mph, and ended up driving faster when the snow was deeper because everyone ran home like a bunch of little girls. :laugh:

HELL YEAH!

I took the Bimmer out with Sandra yesterday and we went grocery shopping at 2 stores, got lunch, and then continued home.

I drove slower in the beginning of the storm when everyone was still out and driving 5 mph, and ended up driving faster when the snow was deeper because everyone ran home like a bunch school teachers. :laugh:

I think i need to let this go now. I'm getting too :mad: when I think about it.

HELL YEAH!

I drove slower in the beginning of the storm when everyone was still out and driving 5 mph, and ended up driving faster when the snow was deeper because everyone ran home like a bunch of little girls. :laugh:

I stopped at the exit i take on 84 to see if someone needed any help because there was a 5series stuck there :crazy:

I drove right up and on top of a snow bank, asked if he was ok, then drove off. <3 snow tires.

What I don't love is a-holes that ride my ass in the middle of a blizzard on the highway. It absolutely blows my mind.

I stopped at the exit i take on 84 to see if someone needed any help because there was a 5series stuck there :crazy:

I drove right up and on top of a snow bank, asked if he was ok, then drove off. <3 snow tires.

What I don't love is a-holes that ride my ass in the middle of a blizzard on the highway. It absolutely blows my mind.

Some lady in a Grand Prix the other day came bombing up in my rear view, proceeded to get about 1 foot from my car while it was snowing pretty heavily. Her entire front bumper was missing, her hood was crumpled, her fenders were sticking out and her left headlight was missing.Upon further examination I saw she was on her cell phone, too.

And yes, sideways commuting FTW.

I'll post a pic of the explorer after work tomorrow...I'm still doing a full day!

Well it's not from yesterday, but here's my mess.

P.S. I love driving in the snow as well.

IMG_0942.jpg

IMG_0944.jpg

I learned the limits of AWD by diving into a 2+ foot snowbank on Holland St in Somerville today. Got thoroughly stuck and it took a bit of shoveling to get out. It surprised my friends who were in the car, they were joking when they suggested that parking spot :laugh: :laugh:

I bent my front license plate, got the radiator full of snow, and blocked up a tailpipe. just hope I didn't break anything.

I bent my front license plate, got the radiator full of snow, and blocked up a tailpipe. just hope I didn't break anything.

It doesn't matter. It's still well worth the fun. :cool:

I was out and about all day today Christmas shopping and I was kicking it sideways every chance I got. Traction control FTL!

I learned the limits of AWD by diving into a 2+ foot snowbank on Holland St in Somerville today. Got thoroughly stuck and it took a bit of shoveling to get out. It surprised my friends who were in the car, they were joking when they suggested that parking spot :laugh: :laugh:

It doesn't matter. It's still well worth the fun. :cool:

I was out and about all day today Christmas shopping and I was kicking it sideways every chance I got. Traction control FTL!

I'm with you guys. Last night we got my friend Kevin's (S10_Crasher's) Carolla stuck 4 times because we went Tokyo Christmas shopping. We ran down two snow banks in a Church parking lot playing Van Halen:laugh:

Some person tried to ge his plates, so we went arond a circular area of a warehouse lot and started following him:laugh: Great fun!

Oh, and Ian beat an STi last night.

I just got back from playing in the snow with my explorer, here are some pics from today...

ry%3D400

a couple more from my front porch..

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

i will try to remember to take pics tomorrow of the nice big snow banks in front of my house, no real place to put snow, except to pile it up there.

and forget about putting weight in the back of teh truck this year, the bed has already overflowed with snow a couple of times.

We've gotten enough snow that the shape of the rear end profile of my car now looks more like a Prius.

I can't remember the last time it snowed for 3 days straight.

Either Manchester and Hooksett decided not to salt, or it's too cold for the salt to do any good. Either way, all main roads I used (Bridge, Mammoth, Hooksett) are covered with snow. They still haven't plowed my street even at 10pm; I almost got stuck in the ruts.

The stores were completely empty though. :D This is at Walmart, one of three cars in the lot:
IMG_0067Small.jpg

Back