• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

it came!!!

SVTJON87

Hard-core CEG'er
well ive been waiting for this for maybe 3 weeks or more.
TruBendz non-res magnaflow with 3.5in rolled angle cut tips.
P1010088.jpg

You'll be adding a res. soon.

You know, I was just looking at that exhaust... That cant be a no resonator setup... because there is only one "muffler" I think its no mufflers with a resonator, in which case he wont have to worry about rasp :)

it's loud. i'll warn you. plus, your tips will rust, "quality SS" my arse. keep them shined up with chrome polish whenever you wash the car and you'll be okay. make sure if you are going to weld it that you have it setup perfectly, sometimes you gota shift the fitment a bunch of times to get it to sit straight. other than that, thumbs up!

EDIT: to the previous post, the no resonator setup only has 1 muffler. hence why it's insanely loud.

That's the exact same cat-back I had on my SVTC. With stock manifolds, Y-pipe and cats it was very quiet (almost no louder than stock) when cruising and sounded great when under full throttle, while still not being very loud.

Even after installing WR headers, y-pipe and a Magnaflow high-flow cat with my 3L, it still wasn't raspy, it still didn't drone, and it still wasn't obnoxious at all. IMO it was one of the best sounding 6-cyl cars I've ever heard.

As far as quality and longevity, it acquired nothing more than normal surface rust as any aluminized exhaust piping would, and the tips stayed perfect over the ~3 years (and two winters) I had it installed.

it'll rasp when its cold, and you'll have guys like me giving you that "what a f*g" look :s, don't bring that on our cars... :( lol very nice though, get a good deal on em or paid what we all paid?

i payed 390 with the tips.
aslo im having my freinds shop put it on. do you think they will have any problems? anything i sould let them know?

Last edited:
Could you post the model number of the magnaflow muffler or at least the physical size of it please. I miss my catback on my last car and now I'm making one myself (ie: a exhaust shop) :)

Not to get off topic, but is it best to exhaust clamp that beast together or weld it? Obviously welding would be ideal but for those of us who don't have a welder or want to pay a shop to do it, will clamping it pose any problem down the road?

Back