• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

pics of imrc location?

See that black plastic cover next to the oil cap that goes across the head? The one that looks like its covering up something big and important?

Under a cover on the front of the motor. No pics, but usually you'll see Duratec printed on it unless you have the pre-98 cover.

Wow.. if you look exactly one thread up from yours there is a thread called "READ - FIRST".. I know you you didn't do that because in there is an alphabetical list of all DURATEC based maintenance you might EVER do and under the I's is.... I-M-R-C.

Rebuilds, replacements, removals, etc. pictures abound.

:)

Enjoy the pictures, but remember that anything you might want to know is already on here.. its been done, asked, or wondered, hashed out, thought about and discussed, too.

Search the forums on the top right of each page for questions you may have and get the answers you can on your own. This way, when you DO ask a question, it will be one that you are armed with background knowledge on, etc.

Welcome to the CEG!

Last edited:
Back