• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

lower control arm

sprayed

New CEG'er
my 98 svt has the 4 bolt lower control arms, i need the bushings bad, has any found just the bushings, or is the only way to buy the entire lower control arms with ball joints and bushings

You're much better off just going with a whole new control arm because you get new ball joints as well. One less thing you have to worry about down the road. I just replaced the control arms on my car and I got the dorman brand from rockauto and they were only $37 each. They seem to be working fine so far.

You're much better off just going with a whole new control arm because you get new ball joints as well. One less thing you have to worry about down the road. I just replaced the control arms on my car and I got the dorman brand from rockauto and they were only $37 each. They seem to be working fine so far.

OP has 4-bolts LCA's. These are more expensive (approximately $80), but still much cheaper than anything else. I picked up some Dormans and they've been fine for me so far.

Go to rockauto - good prices there, that is where my 4 bolt LCAs are from also dorman brand.

Back