• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Tinted tails

Zetec_contour

CEG'er
I see alot of contours with tinted tails and reflectors these days. Is it worth it to tint the tail light and the reflector or is the ticket just too much money to risk it,knowing that untinting is difficult lol

If you tint with spray paint then its hard to remove sure but if you use Night Shade it usually comes off with a good scrub in case you dont like it or get questioned.

Just don't go crazy dark and you should be fine. I did 2 light coats and some clear on top, then some LED bulbs. Haven't had any problems with getting pulled over

you could just paint the reflector and chrome stripe. i paint matched mine to the car. looks good on a black car

i had mine totally black and never had any trouble. i got real sick of it after a while and swapped them out.

I've had mine pretty dark for about a year and a half and have never gotten pulled over for them. I have been pulled over for other things but the cops have never said anything about the tail lights. I usually just swap a temporary stock set in for inspection time.

Back