• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Stupid F*%#%$g Pigeon

biminiLX

Hard-core CEG'er
So I was driving, having a good day and enjoying a back road on the way home. Its a 2-lane 55mph road and I came up on 2 pigeons sitting right on the yellow divider. For some reason one stupid Pigeon decided it should start flying into my lane. It kamakazie'd into my car and lodged itself through the front lower mesh :(
No other damage thankfully and I had to pull it out along with some of the mesh. :nonono:
Like my wife said---at least it wasn't a deer, which are bad here.
Looks like I will painting the mesh in the oval and the lower silver when I find a replacement.
Any help with that appreciated---WTB front SVT lower mesh between foglights.
Must be perfect except paint fading/flaking--will be painted.
-J

Just call Tousley Ford, 1-800-328-9552, and ask for Steve. My car was missing that mesh when I bought it... seem to remember it only cost me somewhere around $25-30, mention you heard about a 10% over cost discount on Contour.org and he'll hook you up.

be thankful a pidgen didnt decide to try and fly THROUGH your window, miss HIT the B pillar and die in your lap.

Never stopped a car so fast in my life.

Thanks guys, I'll call tomorrow and let you know if they're still available and price.
be thankful a pidgen didnt decide to try and fly THROUGH your window, miss HIT the B pillar and die in your lap.

Never stopped a car so fast in my life.
damn. that would have freaked me out, stupid birds :nonono:
-J

i hit a goose with my Tempo at 45MPH and shattered my turn signal lense. also in the past month, i almost hit a goose 2 weeks ago, almost hit a wild turkey 2 days ago and almost hit a dove today. i've had some pretty bad luck w/ birds lately.

i hit a goose with my Tempo at 45MPH and shattered my turn signal lense. also in the past month, i almost hit a goose 2 weeks ago, almost hit a wild turkey 2 days ago and almost hit a dove today. i've had some pretty bad luck w/ birds lately.

maybe you are a bad driver :ponder:

Or maybe you should be paying attention to things that are in the middle of the road and slow down. Just a thought.

Or maybe you should be paying attention to things that are in the middle of the road and slow down. Just a thought.
That's a pretty idiotic comment. At 45mph or faster anything is possible, especially with the erratic and unexpected behavior of animals.

I had a recent experience with a bird in the road. Slowing down, stopping, or swerving at those speeds to avoid the animal can result in far more damage than just hitting the thing with your bumper.

That's a pretty idiotic comment. At 45mph or faster anything is possible, especially with the erratic and unexpected behavior of animals.

I had a recent experience with a bird in the road. Slowing down, stopping, or swerving at those speeds to avoid the animal can result in far more damage than just hitting the thing with your bumper.

I have never seen a bird (besides a crow) in the middle of an interstate where people would be doing more than 50 mph. :shrug:

I remember some years ago when I was lil my dad hit a huge crow that was in the road. Stupid thing didn't even try to fly It was on the yellow line and just walked over right in front of car and all we felt was the thump under the tires. :shocked:

A lot of the back country roads in this area (I live close to 95_mystique) have speed limits of 55mph.

I remember some years ago when I was lil my dad hit a huge crow that was in the road. Stupid thing didn't even try to fly It was on the yellow line and just walked over right in front of car and all we felt was the thump under the tires. :shocked:

A lot of the back country roads in this area (I live close to 95_mystique) have speed limits of 55mph.

I highly doubt anyone lives in a more rural area than me. Well...maybe the guy up in Alaska. :laugh:

I highly doubt anyone lives in a more rural area than me. Well...maybe the guy up in Alaska. :laugh:

Did you forget where I was living? A town of 60 people with a town of 400 8 miles to my east, a town of 1800 20 miles to the west, a town of 20 12 miles to the south, and a town of 1000 14 miles to the north northeast. The town of 1800 was the biggest town within an hour drive. All there was in between was farms, and the farmhouses were few and far between. I worked on a 23,000 acre farm, which was a 18 mile drive from my house, and even driving to the town of 1800 people, there were only 6 houses along the highway on the way there, the rest of it was fields and pastures. I saw all kinds of birds in the road all the time. Deer, skunks, and other animals also crossed the road frequently. Speed limits on most of the roads in that area were 55 or 65. I have had a duck bounce off my windshield, had a deer t-bone me (yes he charged me and hit the fender), and have run over a couple of cute little bunnies. you know the sad part, I didnt even live in the most backwards rural part of north dakota.

Yeah.... Rural areas suck to drive in. But I have seen the same things in more developed parts of the country, it happens. Animal behavior is erratic and unpredictable, you have either hit an animal or you are lucky, especially if you live in a rural area. Sometimes they can be avoided, many times, no.

Back