• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

A CSVT on passtime on Speed channel?

Exactly, and that does suck, but hey you only get 1 run, and there was no test and tune that day so no practice.

haha i'm just messin with ya, it's definitely awesome regardless. I don't think contours could lose anymore respect from idiots that don't know anything about them in the first place anyway!

Where's that ricer thread again when I need it. :laugh:

It's too bad I couldn't take my 3L when it still had the big bore LIM on it to Spring Zing. We could have had some fun Ryan. I've never been down the track before, but I would be willing to bet that car was in the 13's with a decent driver.

My car is a 13 second car, I know it, I just havent gotten it there yet, I hit 14.2 on my 3rd ever pass in the car. I was playing EXTREMLY safe on passtime, I realllllllly didnt wanna break on national tv.

Really cool!

And yeah, if it was me, I would have probably red lighted, missed a gear, and cut over into the other lane. I get very clumsy like that when I'm nervous.

Really cool!

And yeah, if it was me, I would have probably red lighted, missed a gear, and cut over into the other lane. I get very clumsy like that when I'm nervous.

Well it was a pro tree so I had a VERY bad reaction time, I didnt realize they were using the pro tree so I sat there for a second and then was like ok its green:crazy:

that's even worse!

This would have been my thought process.
(holy crap why are ALL the yellows on? Holy crap, it's green already, holy crap I better go!)

that's even worse!

This would have been my thought process.
(holy crap why are ALL the yellows on? Holy crap, it's green already, holy crap I better go!)

No there arent any yellows on but the 1st one for a milli second, then green. I was like Aww pewp:laugh:

So who gives a F if you sat there for a second, I mean shoot... you could sit there for 10 seconds and still run that astonishing 14.9 1/4 time

So who gives a F if you sat there for a second, I mean shoot... you could sit there for 10 seconds and still run that astonishing 14.9 1/4 time

Damn you are just full of knowledge today Rawburt, you must have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night hu:nonono::nonono:

I saw someone sit there for probably 3-4 seconds before running a 12 something. The announcers kept teasing him about it but he ended up winning the shootout.

LOL, I cant wait to see the episode though.

btw, I think my 177 whp SVT (i/h/e) ran around the same time.

With a hyperextended axle and all the other variables? Damn you are becoming quite the non enthusiast, why are you here anyways, I meen seriously:shrug:

I did have a contour for like 3 or 4 years.

I mean lets be honest here, for even "taking it easy" off the line, that time sure does suck. I would be embarrassed to run that is such a highly modified car on national tv.

I mean lets be honest here, for even "taking it easy" off the line, that time sure does suck. I would be embarrassed to run that is such a highly modified car on national tv.

And you don't think he is? I'd like to how well you do on national TV.

Nope not really, all things considered it wasnt that bad of a time. Do I need to list them all again or can your pale self go back and read what all happened???

And you don't think he is? I'd like to how well you do on national TV.

Exactly, I made it on national tv, you didnt rawburt!!! Either way if I ran a 14.9 or a 13.1 having the car on national tv is good for US contour enthusiasts, I wouldnt expect you to understand that though evo boy.:nonono:

You know how tricky these car are to launch. :shrug: One mistake, and you get a time like he did. Is there any technique needed to launch and EVO? And besides, this is Ryan we are talking about....the master of disappointment.

I think it would be fun to be the guy that had enough power to break the car on national television. Years ago I broke both shafts taking my mazda out on the local road course for a benefit lap and people up there still remember my name because of it. :)

Back