• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Saturday 5/16 Horseheads Pick a Part Meet!

99Mystique ATX

Hard-core CEG'er
Well, my HMS trans won't be here till next week so I need to get parts for the Cougar. Gonna be heading down to my cottage Friday night with a couple friends then going to the pick a part saturday morning...

As a bonus they're having a 50% off sale on saturday on all purchases... :D

So, who is game to meet up?

Well, my HMS trans won't be here till next week so I need to get parts for the Cougar. Gonna be heading down to my cottage Friday night with a couple friends then going to the pick a part saturday morning...

As a bonus they're having a 50% off sale on saturday on all purchases... :D

So, who is game to meet up?
:mad: gotta work unless I get out early like last week:shrug:

Well on Sat they're open 8am-3pm... I'd say meet around 9:30-10ish... Sound good?

We'll probably end up being there quite a while either way... :D

The only vehicle I have that might make it to SZ would be the Mystique... The Contour's trans is at HMS and won't be back till next week unless someone wants to do me a huge favor and pick it up over the weekend... The cougar has a rod knock that's waiting to go boom... Oh well...

Alright I think I can do that. Also, remember that I don't know much about cars.

The junkyard is a great place to learn! If you want to know about certain part(s), take them apart at the yard. :)
Look around and get familiar on one that isn't yours. You can't hurt a junkyard car so have at it. :D

Glenn, true.

Official list of parts is getting pretty big. I’m gonna be rocking down in the ranger and Onimitsu will follow in his Contour…

I’m with Christine, you’ll be surrounded by car guys in a junkyard (well except my buddy Alex) you’re bound to learn something! :)

soooooo what did you guys score :shrug: wish I could have been there but had to work

Well I got the contour sail panels without the contour on it, some SVT caliper brackets, and a nicer antenna base, the silver one not the black one.

Both Cougars had the sunroofs already taken... So, my quest for a working sunroof at a halfway decent price for the Cougar continues...

I got a SVT-Spec LIM off Cougar, Blank IMRC cover, cougar shifter boot, passenger door harness and 1-touch down relay for the cougar and a couple little clips...

As of this afternoon the Cougar now has 1-touch down on both driver and passenger side... :D

sounds like you guys made out pretty well:cool: wish I was there maybe we can go on a Tuesday somtime:shrug:

bhatz let the mods begin:cool:

I should have thought about that intake when I was there:mad::rolleyes: oh well

Both Cougars had the sunroofs already taken... So, my quest for a working sunroof at a halfway decent price for the Cougar continues...

I got a SVT-Spec LIM off Cougar, Blank IMRC cover, cougar shifter boot, passenger door harness and 1-touch down relay for the cougar and a couple little clips...

As of this afternoon the Cougar now has 1-touch down on both driver and passenger side... :D
\

BTW thanks for helping me out. It was very nice to meet you and Onimitsu and of course Wheeler lol. The rape van will live one day.

sounds like you guys made out pretty well wish I was there maybe we can go on a Tuesday somtime:shrug:

bhatz let the mods begin:cool:

Ya I'd be up for it, and yes I can't wait to start learning more and getting :censored::censored::censored::censored: done. :)

What intake was that? As for Tuesday i'm out. I work both jobs on tuesdays and thursdays. I'm off every weekend though... Maybe a Sunday mod-meet?

\

BTW thanks for helping me out. It was very nice to meet you and Onimitsu and of course Wheeler lol. The rape van will live one day.

Ya I'd be up for it, and yes I can't wait to start learning more and getting :censored::censored::censored::censored: done. :)

It was good to meet you too! You gotta watch the mod bug, once you start its hard to stop... Wheeler and his crazy ideas... :rolleyes:

What intake was that? As for Tuesday i'm out. I work both jobs on tuesdays and thursdays. I'm off every weekend though... Maybe a Sunday mod-meet?
the SVT spec LIM you mentioned // A Sunday meet could work what cha got in mind:shrug:

What year is your car? If you were gonna do the bigger LIM you'd want to do the full UIM/LIM rebuild if you haven't done so recently...

Back