• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

seafoam

pithon987

Hard-core CEG'er
where is the brake booster hose or line?:shrug: im gonna probably seafoam my car as it now has 140k and believe it has never had this done.......its my first time doing this so pics would be helpful as well as any other info.....:cool: thanks

Indeed there are. One goes to a bunch of connections behind it and the other connects to the booster I believe.

You can find seafoam at walmart or any auto parts store. Follow the directions on the bottle and no I guess it really doesnt matter which hole you use but I'd use the booster whole because all of the emissions stuff on the other line wont like being unplugged when you start the car.

Well you'll get a little of it through the EGR valve that way but the real way to clean the EGR would be to pull it off and spray it clean.

Well you'll get a little of it through the EGR valve that way but the real way to clean the EGR would be to pull it off and spray it clean.

ive tried that and cleaning the little passage ways just inside the tb and it still didnt get rid of the code. ill give the seafoam a try and see what happens.

what you would really need to do to clean the egr pASSAges is remove the throttle body and just spray the little grooves with a carb cleaner... it works really well, thats whhat i did for my smog.... its really easy too to remove the tb... throttle body.

what you would really need to do to clean the egr pASSAges is remove the throttle body and just spray the little grooves with a carb cleaner... it works really well, thats whhat i did for my smog.... its really easy too to remove the tb... throttle body.

ive done that three times now to it and i used tube cleaners to help with it. still had the code.

don't bother with the seafoam. if your car has 140k it isn't going to do much of anything. you need to remove the intake manifolds and clean them. after that you can use seafoam to help keep them clean ...

i have already cleaned y intake manifold about 6 months ago should it be ok to use seafoam now or take it apart and clean them again?:shrug:

When you say cleaned you mean you took it off the car and got all the gunk out? If so its probably still very clean and that seafoam might just make a ton of smoke.

whats the egr code? p0401? i think... umm restricted egr flow? are u getting vacuum fromthe egr? if not, it could be the egr selenoid... or the egr pressure sensor (DPFE sensor)... try investigating those.

Back