• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Project - Face Lift -

funny, everyone used to knock the work you do, now they would all suck a fart out of your :censored: and hold it in like a bong hit. LOL. good work homes, i'm gonna be getting in touch with you this week so you can take a spin in a tuned 3L :)
i have always loved his car. I am a huge airride fan.

funny, everyone used to knock the work you do, now they would all suck a fart out of your :censored: and hold it in like a bong hit. LOL. good work homes, i'm gonna be getting in touch with you this week so you can take a spin in a tuned 3L :)

I about damn near died after I read that! :laugh::crazy:

midnightcsvt said:
Those are some sweet looking wheels.. did u lower your ride cause it looks liek it sits really low...?

I fogot about that:laugh:

The car's looking great as always!

thats true, please take a mold off it before you get rash on it....

even if you dont want to make the kits, I'll buy the damned mold from you and make them myself. if you look at some of my older posts, I was really thinking about this in the past, and I'll definitely go through with making low cost replicas if somebody will let me.

I've also asked bouma to take mold off the saleen too. people seem not to care about providing classy bodykit options for the community. fiberglass is not that hard to work with.

thats true, please take a mold off it before you get rash on it....

even if you dont want to make the kits, I'll buy the damned mold from you and make them myself. if you look at some of my older posts, I was really thinking about this in the past, and I'll definitely go through with making low cost replicas if somebody will let me.

I've also asked bouma to take mold off the saleen too. people seem not to care about providing classy bodykit options for the community. fiberglass is not that hard to work with.

yes but fiberglass breaks a lot easier than the urethane stuff :D they should make mirko's in that crap :D

As far as a timeline goes I'm a bit behind with the pictures and current state of the bumper. Been a bit busy with other work related projects. The work needed to finish out the bumper at this point is out of my hands. So my car is currently at the body shop to get her all smoothed out and painted.

In the beginning of this project it seemed the general consensus was to do a form of plastic welding and filling with fiberglass. I thought about doing it this way, but it just seemed like way too many variables in the process. Couple major reasons or issues were the two different bumper materials (one really flexible, the other not so much); the other being the abuse a front bumper is likely to see (I do plan on actually driving my car :laugh:). So steering clear of hard, brittle materials on flexible base materials is the way to go if you fear stress fractures.

3M products and fiberglass mesh become ones friend.

DSC01599.jpg

DSC01600.jpg

Back