• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Anone near Canton, CT?

Scorpion8

Hard-core CEG'er
http://www.salemball.com/
Salem Specialty
259 Albany Turnpike
Canton, CT 06019

Anyone near this place? I need to purchase some parts from them and don't want to order by the container-load. Was hoping someone could drop in and get a "handful" of things for shipment to these remote parts. Thanks.

not really near to me. although I will be over that way tomorrow night I don't think I will have time to stop, plus it will be later in the evening.

what r u looking for. i know all the ups drivers that service them. if u need one or two things, i can ask if they can get them or if salem does bulk orders only.

what r u looking for.

They make high precision small steel balls used in grinding, polishing and ball-bearing devices. I need chrome-steel or stainless-steel 2.5mm steel balls, maybe at most 100. Their website seems to concentrate on "bulk orders" of container-sized lots or 100#-wieghts. I certainly don't need that many. Perhaps a 35mm film container full if they give "samples"?

ok i'll try to find out for u. most of the accounts that the drivers go to all the time tend to be pretty nice about "samples". i know i've had the drivers get me samples from time to time from different accounts.

pretty sure my buddy can get whatever u need. does quality matter. he said they have different grades. i told him the cheapest grade stainless 2.5mm will be ok. chrome will cost more. they'll probably charge for a handful of these. is that ok? can i ask what they r for? salem was asking him what application they were going to be used for

pretty sure my buddy can get whatever u need. does quality matter. he said they have different grades. i told him the cheapest grade stainless 2.5mm will be ok. chrome will cost more. they'll probably charge for a handful of these. is that ok? can i ask what they r for? salem was asking him what application they were going to be used for

Quality shouldn't be an issue, as they're not intended in this application for precision. They're used as roller bearings between two sliding sheets of aluminum in grooved tracks and one of them in a piece of electronics went missing. I asked the "contact us" link on the companies webiste and they had packs of 100 of 316SS in 2.5mm for around $1.50 but a minimum of $25.00 order, and at that price I'd get gazillions when I only need one but am willing to buy 100. Add shipping on from you to me ($4.95 USPS Priority Mail) and that's really reasonable since I need one, but one I gotta have.

so u only need just 1 ball? if they have packs of 100, i'll try to get just 1 pack. my buddy gave me the name & # of his contact there. he said they'll take care of me. what would be the most you'd pay for the pack if they do charge me some nominal fee.

2.5mm is pretty small but maybe bb pellets come that small and would be easier for u to get locally.

ok i have them. i think they gave me about 50 in a "sample" pack. charged me $5 cash so i don't have an invoice. i said stainless steel 2.5mm any grade so i hope they heard me correctly. first lady wanted the $25 minimum order for 100 balls. my buddy went with me and his contact came in after lunch and she took care of me. i can send them out thurs or friday. do u want to paypal me like $10 and i'll stick them in a priority mail envelope.

Back