• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

White Lettered Tires

white letter tires are not horrid. just depends on the car. i think white letter tires are great because when you clean them and clean them correctly. it makes the car stand out more.

with black lettering it just gives peep a easy way out of cleaning something properly in my opinion

now what would it look like on a contour? ehhh :shrug: who knows

Might not be too bad with dark steely looking wheels and the nascar style cf trunklid :laugh:

here ya go...

eag1nasc.jpg

:laugh:

I thought the same thing about my SE wheels...I dont think white letters look bad, kinda sporty IMO. i bet it wouldnt look as bad as people think.. Maybe a all black CSVT with the yellow letter tires , with yellow fogs and a little yellow accent somewhere else on the car would look good??

Didn't 95_Mystique paint white letters on his 14" steelies with no hub caps?

I think he thought it would qualify him to race NASCAR.

I actually preferred the look of raised white letter tires in the 70's. It broke up the huge black sidewalls on cars in that era and looked sporty. With todays very low profile tires though a different story, the letters would be so small wouldn't look good. So lets keep the RWL tires in the time vault along with the pet rocks.

We always had white lettered tires on our cars. Mom has them on her explorer, and step dad has them on his ranger. I think they make the car stand out way more.

Those aren't cars though.

Still the same concept. They both get you from point a to point b, one just hauls stuff in a bed and a cabin. My point is that white letters look good on vehicles.

Back