• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I was bored.....

...and although he's telling you there's a better way, he'll never tell what it is because he plans on retiring on the large amounts of cabbage he's making off of restoring ford contour headlights. It's BIG business, you know.

...and although he's telling you there's a better way, he'll never tell what it is because he plans on retiring on the large amounts of cabbage he's making off of restoring ford contour headlights. It's BIG business, you know.

Gotta make that tube look as big as possible!

-Andy

LMAO! I can't remember you ever calling anyone out this bad. I approve! :laugh:

Mark

LMAO! I can't remember you ever calling anyone out this bad. I approve! :laugh:

Mark

I also approve.

I mean, when he tried to be profitable on his headlight cleaning abilities, he up and left CEG with a bunch of lame drama. Might as well spill the beans...:shrug:

.........still look like there is work to be done on them.

You are right. There was.:laugh:

DSCN0826.jpg

DSCN0825.jpg

DSCN0827.jpg

So much for tossing these lights, huh?:cool:

you should really go over them again with the kit, start to finish. That kit should be able to make them clear as new.

lol... no offense but, you need to do it AGAIN! they're still faded to shyte!

or just buy new cheapy ebay ones for the time being :shrug:

new headlights were the best 200 i've ever spent. Who the heck wants to deal with sanding and polishing those stupid things all the time??

im sorry but... there really wasnt much of a change that I can see. There is a way better technique out there that does worlds more than what you did, however, one of those lights really isnt even worth restoring.

Just for reference these headlights were 2x more yellow than yours before hand...
IMG_0715shiney.jpg

those are cool. but dont be discouraged about him not sharing his trade secret people. just remember the internet is bound with info. plus there is always some older guy. that's been working on cars since 1948 :shocked:. that knows what his secret is. just haft to find him

Back