• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What color to paint my E1's???

ukfan50

CEG'er
OK, 1st off little background... I owned a 98 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS (black with gold OEM/stock 16x7" wheels). Every 98 came with the gold wheels & the only year to do so. This was a 2nd car for me & one that I planned on flipping (doing some maintenance & selling it) which I did. Bought it 6/08 for $4200 & sold it 1/9/09 to a "Subaru Enthusiast/older man in his 60's" for $7000. Keep in mind, I also put allot of TLC, $ and labor into it. $500 parts alone but the car had under 100k & was in tip top shape. I miss the car 2 this day; it was so fun driving a sporty car with AWD in the snow.
This was the 1st model year for this car & Subaru only manufactured 1695 total in 98. Every since I have really liked the "performance Impreza line of cars", 98-01 2.5RS's/WRX's/STI's & the OEM gold/bronze wheels some come with...

My question is how come I've not seen anyone's car with the OEM wheels painted that type of color? I am going to paint my wheels a dark metallic bronze type color, which I think will go very well with the T-red/tan interior & tinted windows. I'm the 2nd owner of my 2000 CSVT (#1089) which I bought back in mid 2/09 from the original owner at 95k miles and have loved it every since.

So has anyone painted their rims this color or are there any pics on here of any CSVT's with those color OEM wheels? I just think it'd look very sharp on my car. I'm just looking for basically some input & what you all would think of that specific color with T-red & tan int.

*Will add pics later today of my old 2.5RS and CSVT. Keep in mind, I am going for a dark metallic bronze, not the bright gold like on the old Subie.

eeec_3.jpg

e850_3.jpg

most people go with aftermarket wheels so it seems not many paint stock wheels. a few have but they go black :)nonono: imho)

personally the stock wheel color is nice.

I think it would look okay. It would look better if you painted some FSVT wheels though. Nice cars by the way...

Back