• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

P0193 and the Missing Fuel Pressure Sensor

brpavers

CEG'er
I have a 1999 CSVT that i just recently purchased for my daughter. It was a bit of a basket case when i got it in June - parts everywhere. The engine had just gone thru a rookie rebuild and the guy did a good job, but he became disabled and gave up.

I have been sorting thru some engine issues and I am down to my last CEL - P0193 - Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor High Output. Afte reading some threads on here, I thought i would check the electrical and vacuum connections on the FRPS and maybe get a fuel pressure reading. When I got to the FRPS, it wasn't there (I was going to post a pic, but I could not figure out how). The electrical connection that was supposed to plug into the FRPS wasn't connected to anything. I have a 2000 Cougar with the 2.5 and I checked it out to compare and it is set up right (it is a returnless).

Has anyone made a mod like this before? :shrug: The CSVT runs strong, so its not effecting the performance, but it is throwing the P0193 code and I need to get it to pass emissions (OBD read) in metro Atlanta. Is there a MIL eliminator trick for this like there is for the O2 sensors?

Your help would be appreciated.:help:

Tony,
yes, I had looked over this discussion thread and that had prompted me to go look for vacumn leaks or a bad connection. There is nothing in this thread or any thread that I have found where the FRPS has been removed or tricked to prevent signal for CEL P0193.

I might take your earlier advise to move it to the 3L thread. It seems to be dead here.

From that thread.

Well, it turns out that the new focus SVT fuel pump I installed was bad, explaining why I was only getting 10PSI fuel pressure at idle. I was suspicious of it, so I broke down and ordered a whole new Contour SVT pump assembly. On a side note, the fuel pump assembly that I received is significantly different than the original design. After installing it, the car started right up and idled fine. I took it for a drive and all is well. I checked for pending codes after the drive and there were none.

Back