• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

rear bumper fix

GT2SVT

CEG'er
hey guys how do I fix this? I bought the car like this and apparently it got snagged on something. I was thinking I could heat it up somehow and maybe bend it back?

2009_0730dtour0001.jpg

not sure how to fix it but it's kinda funny to see a blue car reflected on a red car .good luck with the fix

Heating it up would be helpful if you wanted to push it back into place but it looks like the paint is cracked at the very top. If so, you might want to leave it alone.....02

Heating it up would be helpful if you wanted to push it back into place but it looks like the paint is cracked at the very top. If so, you might want to leave it alone.....02

bummer, yea perhaps i'll just leave it alone. or I'll heat it up before i get a paint job.

Don't I repeat don't heat it up. First look up in the well and see if the mounting screw is still there or if it broke off in the bumper than get back to me it is a small torque head screw

Don't I repeat don't heat it up. First look up in the well and see if the mounting screw is still there or if it broke off in the bumper than get back to me it is a small torque head screw

I'll check that out in the morning. thanks.

That is a common problem with these bumpers. The bumper moves on the rear mount and that small screw causes the bumper to crack there from pressure

Back